I am just starting solian (amisulpride) just on 100mg to treat various symptoms related to my bipolar and borderline personality symptoms. i use it in conjunction with a mood stabiliser Epilim (sodium valproate)

So far i have found that it has lifted this grey fog cloud i had over me. im really hoping its the meds and not a mood swing to the higher levels.

Anyone got experience of this drug??

Please just no horror stories about weight gaini have a nasty eating disorder that wouldnt handle hearing those!!

Thanks

[edit title, generic, am]

Been on it 6 years. 100mg doesn't sound like much - weight gain shouldn't be a problem. I find it does have antidepressant qualities, and has wiped out the greater part of my psychosis, but I hate the side-effects - usuall anti-psychotic complaints. If it's any consolation the side-effects have gone to a certain extent over time. But 100mg should treat you kinder than my 300mg. God, I need to graduate down. I dunno, good luck with it. Worst I get is the restlessness, the inability to relax - that I hate.

• 5 years later...
Guest Vapourware

I tried Solian. I started on 200mg, then went up to 400mg. I found it very good for depression and it really lifted my mood. Unfortunately I also found it rather sedating, and even 100mg of Solian made me fall asleep during the day - and I was taking a nighttime dose.

I'm on 100mg Solian. I used to be on 400mg. I find it to be a great drug.

But I have gained weight, and am pretty much menopausal, even on 100mg.

On 400mg, I had akathisia, which was unpleasant.

BUT

all in all it has been fantastic, and I take the side effects, because it has been such an effective antipsychotic for me!!! Other drugs didn't touch the sides, but adding Solian to my Seroquel has been amazing.

Archived