CrazyBoards.org

Stress Seizures

One of the main triggers of my seizures is stress. I can be stressing over something as simple as my kids grades, piled with some bills I need to pay...or something huge like relationship issues and a death in the family...and WHAMMO...it never fails. But it comes on sudden, and it blind sides me. Sometimes I'll have a not so bad seizure in the evening...other times, I'll go to bed with restless legs, an achey stomach, cant sleep well...then I'll wake up and the myoclonics start, next thing I know Im trying to figure out how to breathe and that Im a human being....BIG tonic clonic...

The reason Im starting this thread, is because Ive been going through a bunch of stress lately, albeit I have been on a kick ass med change (hurray for topamax, keppra, and depakote!), but Im about to move into a new home, and start over, and even though Im trying to be as positive about this as possible, Im a bit scared...and yes...stressed. I have about a BILLION things to do...and about a million case workers and agencies and doctors offices, etc. to contact...blah before I can get everything done...it so hard to keep things straight...on top of trying to be a parent...

So to get to it...Im a bit afraid of breakthroughs. Is there anyone else who is highly triggered by stress...and if so...how do you fight off that 'feeling' (shaky trembling in muscles in my hands is what I feel when it starts to come on)...is there any way to stop that?...thanks...Lisa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*raises hand*

I'm triggered by stress. Upping Topamax a little PRN helps, but Im a weirdo and have a WIDE Topamax sweet spot (I can handle up to 575mg at a time). and taking time to relax helps. Pacing self, et cetera. That's about all I've come up with that really works.

Sorry I couldnt be more help...congrats on the new house!

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Kass! Yeah, I hate stress seizures more than anything....It was easier when I was on the tegretol, because I was on it for so long I could ussually up the dose, take extra B vitamins and some selenium, try and relax as much as possible...but this is the most stress Ive been under since the med change...so I guess thats whats worrying me the most. I suppose I could quit STRESSING about the stress...and stop the POWER of suggestion before it starts...haha...nah, but really, I can actually feel like Im ok, and then it will hit me.Weird eh? We'll see. If I post a thread that is all mellow dramatic...in all caps...crying emoticons...or screaming emoticons...with me saying over and over "Im scared, had seizure, help...come quick..." even though none of you know where I live, you'll know Ive had a stress seizure...lol...Im literally the BIGGEST cry baby EVER after a seizure.

Archived