Hi,

Im making this public. is there any way the individual user can make springer alphabetical?

yeah, i dont like it now, and yes, i am very very depressed and i dont like anything.

but i do like alphabetical, and in fact, i think i'll go alphabetize nephew's books.

the alphabetical is one of the reasons i dont participate much on the other parts of this site.

i'll bow down to the CB gods and say thank you for the space.

db

Hi,

Im making this public. is there any way the individual user can make springer alphabetical?

...the alphabetical is one of the reasons i dont participate much on the other parts of this site.

Yeah, there is.

At the bottom of springer there is a pull down menu of how to view it, though I don't know how to make it stick so you wouldn't have to do it everytime you go back to the main listing.

We can tell you the url that will bring you back to Springer in alphabetical everytime, instead of choosing it from the pulldown, though. [so you would put that in your bookmarks or browser toolbar and use that instead of going back to the main listing through the boards.]

I just don't know what that url is right now off the top of my head.

The pulldown will show different views though.

I'm just glad that you didn't entirely pull the "View New Posts" feature (I vaguely recall reading that this was being contemplated).

Since this is only one board that I'll have to go to separately to view new posts, I'll survive. Had I had to go to all the boards to view new posts... you probably would have lost me as I don't have time to do that (so now you know how to get rid of me for good should you ever want to!).

Well. My biggest problem with the the view new posts thing is that it erases the division between the boards. When everyone browses with "view new posts," it's the same as if there are no boards at all.

Other than the admins, there is no reason for anyone to read all the boards. Just read the ones that relate to you specifically. The way I look at it, if you're not a student (or recent student) or not borderline, then those respective boards are none of your buisness. Having people without ADD posting to the ADD board reduces the value of that board to people with ADD. It's part of the whole 1st person thing again.

I'm halfway done with writing some additional guidelines talking about stuff like this. They aren't really rules. Just stuff that might improve the flavor of the community if everyone did it.

Okay... maybe "all" was a little extreme. But there are lots that do apply... enough that the "View New Posts" feature makes things really easy. Plus sometimes there's something of interest on a board that I wouldn't normally read.

Looking forward to reading your guidelines. I'm always open to trying things a new way.

Archived