CrazyBoards.org

Therapy Update

I've been seeing this therapist since February and am finallystarting to feel comfortable enough to risk talking about the things that seem to be at the core of me feeling not right, tolerated but not wanted, essentially apart.

She seems to understand, to know when to help me articulate a thought or stay quiet so that I can get a grasp on what I'm trying to say. I was dreading going into today's session, but I knew I had to start getting to the hard stuff if I'm ever going to find some kind of peace.

I see her every other week individually, and in group in between. I thought I would be too reserved and uncomfortable to be able to participate in a group, and I didn't think I would have anything of value to contribute when I was barely able to keep myself together. I was wrong. We do help each other, even if it's by the mere physical presence of other people who are trying to live through the same shit. Still flawed, not alone. Sometimes I can say things in group that I would be afraid to say in an individual session. Seems counterintuitive. I think that knowing there are other people in the room who understand and can corroborate what I'm talking about gives me a kind of courage I wouldn't have alone. Who'd a thunk? And then, once I've said something out loud in group, it's easier to follow up in the one on one sessions.

For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling some hope. Yay.

Greeny

Go Greeny.

I wonder, do you think being on these boards has helped you open up a bit too?  I know it has me.  When I started going to group, it was kind of like being here, only faster.  Maybe that's why you were able to open up when you didn't think you would be able to.  Either way, I'm glad you're moving forward.

I wonder, do you think being on these boards has helped you open up a bit too?

Oh, yes. More than a bit. Sometimes this place feels like my online diary. Not only are there answers here, but people who understand. I am so NOT a freak here.

Greeny

Archived