• 2 weeks later...

I did alot of acid in my early 20's and it was fun at first, but the trips slowly became darker and then became really bad trips. I think if I did LSD now I would end up in the psych ward permanently. It's a scary drug.

I've done alot of LSD in my day, on and off psych meds. I found most psych meds negate the effects of the LSD. I do think that all the abuse I did with it has contributed to my current mental state though. It is a very powerful and mind-altering drug.

• 2 months later...

Psychedelics are only to be used within the proper set and setting. I agree that they have a tendency to exacerbate most mental illness.

That sure didn't stop me from eating mushrooms in a self-help type of sense. I tried to figure out why I wasn't happy, what I should be doing with my life, etc etc...I made great progress, especially in the area of awareness. However its kind of like searching for a lost epiphany, and brings about more questions than answers in my case. I humbly approach them as teachers, and I learned that there are infinite possibilities, that I was capable of absolutely anything...My early experiences brought me out of a severe suicidal depression.

Using psychedelics is sort of like playing with fire I will admit. I do not recommend it. The "progress" i've made is only self-measured. I am still MI too. ;)

ps. Cannabis is a mild psychedelic. Some potent heavily sativa-dominant strains are similar in effect to tripping...Though most commercial weed is rarely of that sort sadly.

• 2 months later...

Psychedelics are only to be used within the proper set and setting. I agree that they have a tendency to exacerbate most mental illness.

That sure didn't stop me from eating mushrooms in a self-help type of sense. I tried to figure out why I wasn't happy, what I should be doing with my life, etc etc...I made great progress, especially in the area of awareness. However its kind of like searching for a lost epiphany, and brings about more questions than answers in my case. I humbly approach them as teachers, and I learned that there are infinite possibilities, that I was capable of absolutely anything...My early experiences brought me out of a severe suicidal depression.

Using psychedelics is sort of like playing with fire I will admit. I do not recommend it. The "progress" i've made is only self-measured. I am still MI too. :cussing:

ps. Cannabis is a mild psychedelic. Some potent heavily sativa-dominant strains are similar in effect to tripping...Though most commercial weed is rarely of that sort sadly.

I was an 'explorer' too :wtf: Acid back when I was a teen but soon discovered it's a crap drug, from my perspective. Mescaline and DMT (well, Ayahausca) taught me the most. Scary as fuck & gut wrenching at times but thats the price ya pay for some really cool knowledge about the nature of your own consciousness if ya choose that route. Shit, most of the cool stuff I've done outside of drugs I would never have done had I let fear or risk stop me. Ya balance it in the decision process whats right you you as an individual, eh? Sometimes risk is worth it I say..

I still smoke weed (of the sativa var's as mentioned in the post above), its all I do these days and thats occasional. It helps me that way. At times the stuff makes me a little paranoid..ya know what I do? I put the joint down and not smoke again till I'm more settled. The same way I don't drink bourbon on a bad stomch, I don't smoke sativa weed on a unsettled, anxious mind - thats just a bit dumb really. To be honest, if I look at it, feeling that paranoia on just a joint has at times warned me thats something is happening, that I'm not settled and the catslyst has brought it to the foreground....but thats just me, I try to look at is rationally as I can from my perspective. Hey, at times it is just the weed causing me to get paranoid..meh, so its not perfect. Neither are the booze and fags my governments make Billions in tax a year year from and kill upwards of 200k people in that time, but I still use them without a care in the fuckin' world...politely ignoring the glaring contradiction and weirdness of it all cos they're making money off it...for my benefit as a citizen...right?

Really I see drugs as a personal choice, albeit a complex one with differing factors.....within the context of certain mental illness' it becomes an even more complex one with differing risks -that of course needs to be taken account of. But I think if people were armed with knowedge, real fact based knowledge and not the regurgitation of recieved messages trying, in my view, to restrict ones right to freedom of conciosness though propogation of Fear. :cussing: If drugs weren't romantisised by the whole 'you'll die or go mad message'...only for a kid to try an E, for example, have a great time and not die. From then on in to believe nothing they are then told regarding real and needed drug facts cos fuck being lied to, eh? - 'that was shit the rest must be so too' It happends. If they were sold in chemists or coffeeshops my kids wouldn't have to deal with offers of heroin from a dodgy dealer, when all they wanted was a damn joint to prove how they are different to dad and cool ;) ...the list goes on and on....

...Well, I think less people would do them in that currently-viewed-as utopian world. I think less of those that did would die or go mad too. Thats just the start. People First. Fuck them..do as you wish, just do it clever.

Oh...I'm sorry, wrong meeting :)

IMHO etc

Archived