May not be able to answer this for me

• 3 weeks later...

I think it varies greatly from person to person. Some people feel a degree of curiousity all their lives even as children - not that I'm suggesting they necessarily want to act on it, or indeed that they should! Others don't become curious until well into adulthood.

Some people never do, which is called Asexuality.

Just out of interest - why do you ask?

Humans are sexual beings from Birth. Infants and toddlers explore their bodies. Children want to know how babies are born and why boys and girls bodies are different at about age 3, 4, or 5. Soon they are finding out about Cats having kittens. Lots of kids "play doctor" with their friends and girls are playing "naked barbies" with Ken at age 5 or 6 or 7. Kids are wanting to know what their parents are doing together in the bedroom at around age 8 or so. Wanting to know about kissing at age 9-12. Each person is unique at what age he.she begins to masterbating. Some start as young children, some at youth, and others in adulthood.

i really agree with lachesis's reply. sexual curiosity really does being at birth, when infants explore their genitals. this is totally normal. as they grow, they play doctor and play barbie, and eventually start masturbating, kissing, even exploring how to use condoms (a lot of males have disclosed this to me), kissing, and eventually further sex play, and eventually intercourse. everyone has a different pattern.

for me, i fit that pattern almost entirely. except i never explored the use of condoms. i never understood quite why condoms were necessary. even when my parents, when i was 9, told me to use condoms, i never understood what they were for, or how sex happened. even at 9, i still had no clue. it wasn't until i was 13 and saw an actual erection that i knew what was going on. THEN i understood condoms. until then they were weird balloons.

i think my friends must have been much saavier than i was about sex and condoms, and i just went along, and never really understood anything. i didn't even understand that blood flow was what made the penis erect. that was a mystery until i was actually 15 and i asked another girl in my biology class, who i knew was having sex with her boyfriend (i went to a conservative private school and we just didn't talk about these things).

i know, i know that i should have been old enough to know this stuff. but my parents never explained it (they thought i knew), i never asked my friends (i thought they'd think i was stupid), and my school wasn't going to tell me. i had no idea until i was 15 about how the penis worked. i had figured out intercourse, but the penis remained a mystery.

I have always been interested in sex and I think I must be the only person I know who has known about sex virtually all their lives. I remember when I was 3 or maybe even 2, being told by my mother how it was all done. I also had a book on the human body which included a chapter about sex. I can't say I knew about condoms then - at that age sex was for "making babies". Later, when I was about 8 I was in my parents' room and came across some strange looking things in foil wrapping in my dad's bedside draw. I was really worried as I thought they were drugs (I'd never seen a condom before) and I rushed downstairs to tell my mum that I thought my dad was on drugs. When I was told they were actually condoms I was so relieved!

As for masturbation, well I can't remember when I started doing that - seriousl, I can't, and I have a very good long term memory. I did it long before I knew what it was. I've always done it, and no - I'm not a bit ashamed! ;)

Archived