CrazyBoards.org

Have you found your meaning?  I've often thought there must be a flip side to all this pain and tribulation but haven't been able to figure out what that is.  Sometimes I think it might be a reminder that life is imperfect, will always be imperfect, and my expectations are the primary cause of suffering, not the illnesses.  Other times I think Hey, it's just life being life, and there is no meaning except that which I ascribe to it.

This doesn't seem unique to schizophrenia! I used to say that all our experience occurs somewhere on a spectrum between pain and nauseau. That was before taking meds, tho.

Sorry dude didn't mean to steal your screen name I haven't been here very long I think it a lot too.  Buddah actually said to live is to suffer, I think some other dude added the other part.  Have I found my meaning, no but I get a better understanding each day.  Things are going pretty good for me right now so I'm all like "to live is to suffer I have learned a lot", but who knows maybe next week I'll be like "damn you god to live is to suffer".  Hopefully not.

I think we must suffer in life so we can learn.  I learned a lot from my suffering.  I learned that I'm lucky to have such supportive parents and friends who love me.  I learned not to be so greedy, and I think I'm learning to not be so self-centered.  I learned that I actually want to live and that life is worth living. 

Heh...and I learned not to spend all my money on shit that I don't need.  I'm a minimalist now.  ;)

But...maybe I'm full of shit.

Archived