Charging crystals

Can anyone help me with this? Is it even necessary to cleanse a crystal before wearing it? I can't remember what I did with my last one (kunzite), which I wore for more than a year. Loon, I hope you read this (I think you probably have an idea of what I'm talking about) - I didn't want to butt in on your Springer thread.

M

i have heard it is essential to cleanse a new crystal, to strip it of the energies of previous handlers/owners ... (unless someone is sending you their energy in th ecrystal as a gift) there are several ways to cleanse ... running water, sunlight, buried in salt.

my books are still in boxes, but tonight after work i can dig through and see if i can find more specifics.

Can anyone help me with this? Is it even necessary to cleanse a crystal before wearing it? I can't remember what I did with my last one (kunzite), which I wore for more than a year. Loon, I hope you read this (I think you probably have an idea of what I'm talking about) - I didn't want to butt in on your Springer thread.

M

It depends on you, your traditions, past training, and the source. If you've never practised the Craft

(or related fields), don't believe in That Sort of Thing, etc., don't bother.

Otherwise, think of it as a good opportunity for prayer, reflection, reconnection. It can be as simple as

holding it and asking your Diety to use it as a vehicle for bringing _____ into your life, or as complex

as placing it in a shell filled with seawater and left out under the light of the full moon. Llewellyn publishes

books that folks have found useful in this area.

Me? In the past I would just hold it and concentrate on it for a couple of minutes... It was never a matter

of failure, but I can't think of anyone who's ever invited me a second time to cleanse an object.

hiya-

i don't believe that crystals are "lost", i believe that the universe finds them better homes. if that is on the street and someone else finds it, then blessed be!

you can cleanse the crystal by putting it in sunlight for a day, running it in a stream, and sometimes putting it in salt (some crystals are damaged by salt, you'd have to know which ones).

i'd cleanse it first, and then hold it in your hands and visualize it being filled with your positive energy and light, or whatever you feel it needs to be filled with. it should be ready to wear.

some crystals are known to have certain properties, like quartz magnifies psychic power, and so on. you could also empower the crystal with what it is intended to do, like visualize a protective crystal protecting you, and so on.

if you have specific questions that i can answer, just give me a pm!

loon

Thanks for the help everyone. I did the cleansing and started wearing the turquoise today. I found it in the same way I did the kunzite - it immediately felt right, and everything I read after just confirmed it.

take care all,

M

Archived