CrazyBoards.org

Video-EEG Testing

So I'm going in for a video-eeg monitoring in a couple of weeks.  I have done this in the past before I had a temporal lobectomy.

Since the surgery, my seizures have totally transformed and are way WAY worse - I've bitten my tongue so it looks black more than a few times, once I bit my cheek, and then the scariest thing - almost suffocated when I was having one and was face-down on a pillow (thank GOD my SO was there!).

So I am wondering if any of you have had particularly violent seizures like this during one of these tests - I'm afraid I'll have to be strapped down to the hospital bed and just that it will be a huge traumatic experience in general as I am already afraid of having these seizures - and now I'm doing this test where the point is to have them!  I know I'll be in a hospital surrounded by docs and nurses who do this all the time, but still. 

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I am dreading this soooo bad, even though I know I HAVE to do it if I am going to get my seizures under control and find out what went wrong with the surgery  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I'll have to be strapped down to the hospital bed and just that it will be a huge traumatic experience in general as I am already afraid of having these seizures

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But...I cant imagine them strapping you to the bed. That's a good way to hurt you. Badly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had EEGs in two different states (California & Montana) and straps are not an option.

Snuggs and everyone else who has replied,

Thanks for your comments.  I go in on Monday for the monitoring.  Hopefully won't take too long for me to start having seizures so I can get out and figure out what the hell is wrong with my brain now.

Archived