CrazyBoards.org

Tom Cruise - Crazy Argument Against Crazy Meds

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know all about Tom Cruise's and Scientology's views on Psychiatry and crazymeds. (see my rant in People Suck!) I think they can have their opinions.  I just wish they would keep it to themselves.  I think he makes himself more of an ass every time he opens his mouth.  He really should stop giving interviews.  My personal opinion.

Hey girl!

First off,  patheral's post about Tom's ranting and raving is totally right.  As for reading this interview...he sounds like he's gone wacko!  He's making a total ass out of himself and I feel sorry for Katie.  I know the girl has brains and she must be brainwashed or something to think "he's the one".  I understand Tom's views about why we should or shouldn't be on meds blah blah blah...some of us can do it on our own, while others can't.  I am trying my best to do it without the aid of tons of meds and it is harder than you think. 

Anyway...just thought I'd put in my two cents worth.  I've lost all my respect for Tom over the past several years as a person and an actor.  I wish he'd just shut his mouth up....he must suffer from constipation of the brain and diarrhea of the mouth!

Elizabeth

Judging from his statements cited above, Tom Cruise would do the world a tremendous favor by contracting a terminal, curable illness, then refusing proper treatment because the cure is all "pseudo-science." 

Guest wileycat

I just really hate that guy by now. I always thought he looked a little too cocky and arrogant anyway. Guess I was right. They showed him on CNN telling that interviewer, "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do." And he came off so snarley about it - called the guy "glib" before he could even finish his sentence about how AD's help people he's known. 

When I heard on the Larry King live show on depression and bipolar illness from Jan Pauly that he had something irrational and mean about people who take psychotropic medication, I vowed never to see another movie of his again, as if I do anyway.

Also, I don't care for how he treated Nicole. I hope she is much much happier without his ignorant ass. I plan to write him some anti-fan mail. Should get a petition of some sort going.

He really just make an bigger ass of himself every time he opens his mouth lately.  Wasn't it him that got squirted in the face with water (trick microphone)?  I think someone told me about that.  I laughed my ass off when I heard that.  I hope it was him.  He so deserves it for being such a prick.  What the hell does he know whether meds can help or not?  I don't see him trying to get through life with a mental disorder... or maybe that is why he's such an ass, and he just doesn't know it.

Yes, it was him that got squirted in the face.  I just read that.  It was suppose to be a new celebrity prank show over in London and the crew of four were doing a fake interview with him. Tom got irrate with the guy who squirted water in his face and the four were arrested. 

However, police said the incident was being treated as a serious matter.
I think that's stupid!  Here in the US, our loverly MTV can prank celebrities and get away with just about damn near anything.  Gotta love "Freedom".  Whatever!  It was a prank!  Poor Tom *sarcastic sobs*

Elizabeth

Dearest Tom (cruise)

I'm living here in the center of scientology-land. and i see your people standing on the street corners with their kahki slacks and blue or maroon button up shirts. they are always standing there. or crossing the street. not smiling. not looking anyone in the eye. if i wanted to convert, could i stop one of them on the street?

Instead, i just want to shake one. but i don't because 1. it would be rude. 2. i'm way too anti-social to get out of the car.

I love how Tom compared his knowledge of the history of psychiatry to Matt Lauer's. How does Tom know what Matt studied in college? Most of us take either a psych 101 or sociology 101. did tom?

I also LOVE how tom knows all about Brooke Shield's mental illness. I have not read the book, only read articles and seen a few things on tv. Apparently anti-depressants helped with her post-partum.

what's better: killing the baby or taking anti-depressants?

So Tommy & all you freaks in Clearwater....I love my paxil, xanax & seroquel. and who knows, maybe i'll go to the corner of 60 & ft harrison and start popping pills !!!!!

(only if i really wanted to make a statement....i'm way to anxious to do such things).

Love,

december

It's really true that a lot of short guys are a pain in the ass. But not all, or even most. I was short until about age 11 but I don't think I indulged in that sort of behavior. Was a pain in the ass in other ways, unrelated to height.

I'm sure that the movie fans among us are wondering about War of the Worlds

Cruises will be loud,flashy and stupid.(just guessing)

I found a 2005 release by Pendragon pictures($6.00 bin)done in a Victorian theme,

I swore it was filmed in the early fifties,I liked it.

www.pendragonpictures.com

Stasis,fumbling the keys

Actually, I think it's sort of pathetic.  Tom Cruise, as we have known him in the past, apparently has only been the result of an act he performed publicly.  When he is not promoting a movie you realize there isn't a lot to the boy.  He is shallow.  Maybe that's why that shit eating grin he wears all the time.  Possibly because he has nothing to say.  (What if you were really stupid..and you knew it???) And now this..cause..this anti psychiatry thing.  It was something he came up with to show that he has passion.  But it is painfully obvious that he does NOT know about the subject...scarcely enough to engage a real conversation.  The guy is almost speaking gibberish.  And if he weren't a well known actor, no one would give him two minutes of time.  What the fuck has he even said so far?  The same thing over and over.  I can't help but wonder if he doesn't embarrass Katie.  Wonder if she is having second thoughts yet?  Wonder if Tommy will be offered choice spots in future movies?  What I REALLY wonder..is if the real reason he and Nicole split up was because of his views...his envolvement in Scientology?  I must say, I am sorely disappointed in him today.  I thought there was far more to Tom Cruise than the glimpses of his inner self we've seen recently.  Why...he almost acts as if he were drugged or something....

Does anyone else wonder why his good friends and fellow Scientologists haven't scrambled to his rescue?  He HAS to be embarrassing them.

Based upon my own past experience, I feel qualified to say that 1500mg of Depakote ER, along with 800mg of Tegretol, 4 mg of Klonopin, and occasionally some Seroquel would put ole Tom right back where I remember him - quiet, wearing that shit eating grin, and not saying much of anything at all.

B)

You know, at least John Travolta is a little more controlled about his Scientology views.  I never got pissed at him even when he did talk about his beliefs.  I think that Tommy has just lost it.

HEY!! LAY OFF TOM CRUISE!!!

my mom used to say i look like him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can look like him all you want. But do you share his views?  And, if you don't like what we're saying about him... don't read the thread. ;)

admittedly though, i sound like cliff claven.

and as soon as lord of the rings came out, people said, geez dude, you look just like samwise gamgee.

hokay, that bit was the edited bit.

sigh. so much of my humour relies upon people actually knowing me. which is obviously not the case here.

i think tom could make perfect sense if he plucked his head from his anal region. but then again, perhaps he should leave it there as the smell can't be all that pleasant.

I have listened to him go on about "these drugs" that psychiatrist's push on people for years. He's an idiot. He has no clue what he's talking about.

What will be interesting, but sad, is if one of his adopted children ( although I'm sure this was checked in advance) turns out to be BP or some other dreaded disease.

He makes me sick - really. Because the sad truth is, he does have clout and people who are ignorant do listen to him. So how many more will stay home and not get help because they listened to him?

What's say we have a letter writing campaign to his website. There has to be a "fan based" site somewhere. Anybody game?  We could all tell Tom what our lives would be like without the evil meds we are on.  Lets' see, we have how many members now?

Breeze

Archived