CrazyBoards.org

Do you cycle in the spring and fall?

This is from the Bipolar Child newsletter, but I'm cross-posting it from the Parenting Issues board because it has good info for beepers in general.  Especially the concept of tweaking meds pre-emptively in the spring and fall, in anticipation of reacting to the amount of light in each day.  (With a particular warning for Lamictal users.)

http://www.bipolarchild.com/newsletters/0506.html (Tip:  if you have trouble reading columns as I do, click on the link for "Printer friendly version.")

I've got a small lightbox made by Apollo and have used it very successfully to "re-set" myself.  I started last fall when I started to feel my mood drop because I hate the med changes (then on depakote & wellbutrin).  I got my sleep regulated and was able to get up in the morning with energy, even in the middle of winter.  Come spring, it seemed easier, and I didn't feel manic, maybe because my energy was more even in the winter.

I'm just starting lamictal, and hoping that the light box will help even out the bumps.

Archived