AnnaBelle Cosmetics Suck.

Colorblind

I bought this AnnaBelle Skin True Foundation shit from Shopper's Drugmart the other week, right, and at the back it says: Guaranteed Fair Enough For Even The Most Sensitive Skin. Wich, I thought, would be great for my face, because it's one of my more sensitive area's, if that makes any kind of sense at all. So, i've been using it for a decent number of days since i've bought it, putting it on whenever is nessicary, like, whenever I go out, right? Wich isen't very often. Too many people these days. Anyways, about Saturday or so morning, I begin to notice little red blemishs on my forehead and chin. At first I think, "Hey that's what the foundation is for, right?" Mmhm. Right, ok. They begin to get worse. Start to blister, and puss, and scab over. Now my entire face is completely broken out. I have a huge on on my foreheard, like, between my eyebrows, and one on my chin, that's not quite as noticeable if I clean it up properly, and a few more starting on my upper forehead, near my hairline, and a few starting on my cheeks! For sensitive skin, my ass! I look like I have a fucking flesh eating virus, or something! I had to throw out my god damn 8.99$ bottle of foundation(i'm not made of money, do they not know that, or are they stupid?! I have concluded that they are, indeed), and rub Polysporin on my face 3 times a day! That, I may add, on the bottle says 'non-stinging, fast absorbing cream'. Also a lie. It feels like my face is melting, and it's greasy. I have a good half-a-mind to write a letter to those assholes!

Just needed to vent that. Since no one here gives a shit about my opinions, or what I have to say(in reality....). God! I want my money back.

That's awful! It sounds like you may not just have sensitive skin but may also have an allergy to something in the AnnaBelle product. It might not be a bad idea to get the ingredient list (from the store, obviously, not from the one you threw out) so that if you have similar reactions to other products you might be able to cross-check and figure out what's causing it.

Since no one here gives a shit about my opinions, or what I have to say.

I admit, seeing you say that does make it hard to remain sympathetic, because it's the kind of thing people say in resentful flamewars. It's definitely going to make people who would have been otherwise sympathetic decide to not bother responding to you. But I'm pretty sure that it's not true.

The more you complain *to them,* the better the chances of obtaining a refund. Call their 1-800 number. Send them letters. Keep the bottle. Chances are decent that you *could* get your money back.

Having the receipt would be even better, but I assume that's long gone.

I admit, seeing you say that does make it hard to remain sympathetic, because it's the kind of thing people say in resentful flamewars. It's definitely going to make people who would have been otherwise sympathetic decide to not bother responding to you. But I'm pretty sure that it's not true.

Can I seriously thank-you for your honest answer? I've said that countless times before on other forums, and I get the same old reply, time and time again, "Oh, hun, I care what you think. We all do, your valueable, blah, blah." Wich is fine for some people, but I can't stand it when people bullshit me and tell me what they think I want to hear. Thank-you. It's nice to have someone voice their honest opinion.

Yeah, on another note, I dug the foundation out of the trash, and i'm calling them tomorrow. Or... later today, since it's now almost 3:30AM.

Hi,

I dont know as much about face products as some of the others here on CB.

and i hope they dont mind me mentioning them - but Alyson & Crazy Soprano have both worked in the cosmetics industry and could probably help you find a better solution. they both have threads on the Springer part of this place.

Good Luck!!!

december

Can I seriously thank-you for your honest answer? I've said that countless times before on other forums, and I get the same old reply, time and time again, "Oh, hun, I care what you think. We all do, your valueable, blah, blah." Wich is fine for some people, but I can't stand it when people bullshit me and tell me what they think I want to hear. Thank-you. It's nice to have someone voice their honest opinion.

(: We're definitely not a warm fluffy bunny forum here - we offer support, but we also disagree with each other sometimes and use swearwords and talk about adult topics

Abi is allergic to talc, which is in most cosmetics. Maybe that's what got to you. For our belly dance performance last week, I had to drive her to the health food store where we found some talc-free, hypoallergenic stuff and it wasn't that much more than the regular stuff.

I don't remember the brand names though...maybe if we can entice her over...

"Ooohhhh Abbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiii!"

Archived