yeah, back during the second time i attempted to take seroquel (both times resulting in me looking stoned all the time), my pdoc in the hospital (and room of interns) asked me what mood stabilizer i would like in addition to lamictal. i surprised them all with "seroquel". shocker! but the pdoc said that it was going to get approved for it really soon anyway, so he'd do it. (like the interns were expecting me to pick lithium or something!).

i was on seroquel+inderal for awhile before i quit for various reasons.

I can't see seroquel being helpful for depression. Like Loon, it knocks my shit out (haven't tried more than 25 BID) and made me more lethargic. I took 12.5 last night because I had a decent freak out yesterday and today I feel calmer and like my brain is full of cotton. It will be interesting to see if anyone reacts well to seroquel for depression. Anyone here?

not me SG! i don't think it did anything for me besides make me sleep until kingdom come, and make me look stoned. everyone asked me if i was doing drugs. i had to comment that it was my meds, of course outting myself, and it was uncomfortable. but i'd rather have had them know i'm a nutjob than think i was a drug addict.

nope, didn't help depression, and didn't help mania either. it was just kinda there. one of the reasons i stopped taking it.

I was on a low dose of it for a few months, then got hit by crippling depression, coupled with paranoia. So, erm, obviously it failed miserably to prevent the bipolar depression. We cranked the dose up to 200mg and that sorted out the paranoia, but I was still severely depressed - that didn't lift until it was addressed with sertraline.

So, in my experience, nope, Seroquel does nothing for bipolar depression.

From what I've read, the therapeutic dose for BP depression is between 300-600 mg. I think that came out of the Bolder study. I am on 250-300 mg. and it works very well in combo with all my other meds

Archived