I can't tell my boyfriend anything

I've been with my bf for two years now. I wish I could talk to him but it's just impossible. If I ask him the simplest question he doesn't answer it with a one word or sentence answer, but he starts talking and rambling ON AND ON AND ON...... and eventually he's not even on the original topic and I find myself wanting to punch myself in the face and set my hair on fire!!!! He doesn't know how to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! And God forbid I try to gently tell him he talks to much...he just gets all victimized and says "you never listen to how I feel" /whining. He's like a little girl and it makes me want to just SCREAM! I love him but JEE WIZ!!

Every single Sunday after Church he starts a fight. EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY. I don't know how he does it but in the car on the way home he ALWAYS starts a fight! Today he said I needed to be a good role model for my daughter and then he added, "oh, i forgot...you don't want the responsibility."

FUCK YOU! That is NOT what I said. What I said was, "SOMETIMES, i wish I didn't have any responsibilities," which is a perfectly NORMAL thing for a human being to feel. But as usual, he makes blanket, black and white statements, such as "you ALWAYS" or "you NEVER" and he exaggerates things.

Today it went to far and he just pushed me over the edge and I slapped him. I am so goddam sick of him. But alas, it's not the easiest thing in the world to break up with him. We live together and I don't have enough money to move out on my own yet and plus there's our daughter who's up in Chicago with her granmda while I work on staying sober (got almost four months now) and saving money by working full time.

/rant.

Is there somewhere you or him can stay for awhile til things get sorted out? Sounds like he gets on your friggin nerves and now there is violence. The arguing and the slapping is a serious issue and if you two are stuck living together unless something changes its only gonna get worse. Try getting a roomate so you can continue to save money. Or spend less time together, spend time at the library or get a parttime job. You two spend too much time together.

Actually, we rarely see eachother. I work during the day, go to the library after work and go to AA meetings at night. He goes to classes from 6-10 pm three nights a week so there are days I don't see him at all. When i do see him we get along fifty fifty. When we fight...we really fight.

It's mainly the incessant TALKING that gets on my nerves. I am thinking about leaving him but I have to have the money to do that. I only started working about a month ago...I just got out of rehab....

you're also having issues with his mom. it seems to me that this entire family has vaginal sand and is dysfunctional. you should find a roommate and leave, for the sake of your sanity, sobriety, and relationship. it would probably be better for your relationship not to be living together if you always fight. and his mom is such a weirdo- words can't describe her level of weirdness. sand issues.

i'd find a roommate.

Yeah, I'm working on it. Only got $100 saved and have a fine to pay to the court (driving with out a license...since when is that illegal? lol )

I'm dealing with it the best I can...and yes I am getting out as quick as I can.

WIFEZILLA: you hit the nail on the head....he absolutely turns everything on himself, but he's also very good at getting the focus OFF of him when he's in the hot seat!

I'm trying to pretend I'm in a weird experiment and when I get out alive...I'll win a million dollars....

But seriously guys, I am very thankful to all of you for just being here and being understanding...it's making it bearable.

BTW...what is vaginal sand issues? ;)

Archived