deficit symptoms suck.

And yes anti psychotics don't tend to help much (although I've heard clozaril may and to a lesser extent solian if that's available in your country).

After years of anti psychotic treatment with risperdal, which is actually one of the more effective treatments for deficiits my pdoc says I am ready to tackle the negs and has set me the homework of looking into types of talk therapy and to think about what I want to work on.

There's also a book "living with schizophrenia" by John Watkins, which is about negative symptoms.

i have become socially inept. i can't think of anything to say, my mind is so slow. i believe this to be either alogia/poverty of speech OR caused by risperdal.

if it's alogia, how does one treat this? i am on 3mg of risperdal, and it's not helping, could it be the cause? i'm also on 300mg seroquel, and that's not helping either.

Wow, this sounds like me. I could have written this myself. I didn't know or remember that there's a word for poverty of speech.

I've always been like that when I'm sober. I used to drink to be social. Now I'm furniture.

I don't know your age. It is a common negative symptom of schizophrenia. It could just be a progression of the SA into Schtz. as sometimes happens. Doesn't it? Is the wellbutrin helping with any of the other negative symptoms?

It is a common negative symptom of schizophrenia. It could just be a progression of the SA into Schtz. as sometimes happens. Doesn't it?

It tends to be the other way round... schiz develops into schizA.Usually secondary depression becomes a comorbid MDD, sometimes mania comes later. I know this is off topic but there hasn't been any posts for over an hour and I needed to write something.

i have become socially inept. i can't think of anything to say, my mind is so slow. i believe this to be either alogia/poverty of speech OR caused by risperdal.

if it's alogia, how does one treat this? i am on 3mg of risperdal, and it's not helping, could it be the cause? i'm also on 300mg seroquel, and that's not helping either.

this is very frustrating and makes it very hard to make friends, and i don't really have many. i am an introverted person to begin with, and this is only making it worse. i never used to be like this. pleeeease give me some advice.

Sounds exactly like me.I have post numerous threads to others board about poverty of speech but i didnt find an answer.

I take 30 mg abilify and i think im better than risperdal in my case cause everyone is different.

I dont have many friends im usually alone and the reason in my opinion is exactly that...alogia poverty of speech.

I think thats the reason why 1% of population develop schizophrenia and there arent many people writting in forums cause they dont have much to tell.

Any advise you have plz post.

(i have found some new friends that r exactly the opposite of me...they speak all the time with no stop...they have always something to say and i like it)

• 4 years later...

Risperdal and other drugs is the problem.:wall:

I believe that I stay forever with alogia.

Antipsychotics are to bad: fat, alogia. I Don't know speak.. Before that take antipsychotics I could speak. Now, no.

In spanish:

Risperdal, zeldox y los otros antipsicóticos me causan problemas del habla, es como si no pudiera hablar, alogia.Y creo que me quedaré para siempre así.No me gustan nada las drogas psiquiátricas, no puedes hablar y te engordan.Me cuesta mucho expresarme y antes no me ocurría, antes de tomarlas.

Me obligan a pincharme risperdal porque pegaba a mi madre, pero ahora me he quedado casi sin poder hablar, me cuesta mucho.

Archived