What Meds Would You Keep in Pregnancy?

i've often wondered that if i suddenly found out i was pregnant, what meds would i keep and what ones would i ditch? it is usually best for the baby if no meds are taken, however the life and health of the mother may override the risk to the fetus, as it would in my nut-job case.

i'm not thinking of getting pregnant or anything, i'm just curious about what i'd keep.

i really don't know, from the research on my drugs, i wouldn't have the first guess. my pdoc said he'd put me on zoloft and haldol (WHY???!!!), which i don't think i'd agree to. i'd have to decide what to keep and what to ditch.

have any of you had to make this choice? what to keep and what to ditch in pregnancy? what have you chosen to do? how did it work out?

thank you. this is something i would want to have already decided in advance as oppossed to deciding when EPT tells me i should decide.

loon

• 2 months later...

I've wondered this myself. Not that I plan on getting pregnant!!!! NO WAY! I'd look up each med and see how they effect a fetus. I took megadoses of fish oil during my last pregnancy with no medication and I was very stable, and the baby who is now two, is also very calm and stable. So I sing the praises of fish oil. I suppose I should be still taking it. DUH.

I think I'd have to have long talks with the doc. The PI sheets scare the crap out of me so it would have to be a doctor I can trust. Though I love zyprexa and seroquel Goddess only knows what that would do to my baby weight.Ambien I'm not sure and I think I'd cut out adderall all together. but that's just me.

lilie

Archived