it's been almost a month and two weeks now, that i've been incredibly depressed. There is no sign it's going to let up at all. Some days I can barely function, and I have random bouts of crying. I'm having a horrible time in school, because I can't focus in class, or keep my shit together long enough to do any real work. I'm so overwhelmed.

I'm fighting with everyone, because of all times to do so, my parents on on this kick about me getting a job. I'm so depressed I'm tempted to have those days where you just wake up, get a shower, put on clean pajamas, and go back to bed.

My meds are doing absolutely nothing for this depression, and I need help FAST. I've been having thoughts about cutting again, which I haven't done in like 2 years, but I know better than to give in. I see my pdoc on the 15th, which is soon I guess, but that doesn't make the wait any better.

I have no one to talk to because my friends like to ignore me when i get like this, my parents are tired of hearing it, and I have no therapist. I went to see some bitch in private practice, who screwed me out of 140 bucks just to tell me she didn't feel comfortable taking me on as a client. I'm trying to set something up through school, but that of course takes time as well.

I just needed to get that shit off my chest, because it's killing me.

• 2 weeks later...

it's been almost a month and two weeks now, that i've been incredibly depressed. There is no sign it's going to let up at all. Some days I can barely function, and I have random bouts of crying. I'm having a horrible time in school, because I can't focus in class, or keep my shit together long enough to do any real work. I'm so overwhelmed.

I'm fighting with everyone, because of all times to do so, my parents on on this kick about me getting a job. I'm so depressed I'm tempted to have those days where you just wake up, get a shower, put on clean pajamas, and go back to bed.

My meds are doing absolutely nothing for this depression, and I need help FAST. I've been having thoughts about cutting again, which I haven't done in like 2 years, but I know better than to give in. I see my pdoc on the 15th, which is soon I guess, but that doesn't make the wait any better.

I have no one to talk to because my friends like to ignore me when i get like this, my parents are tired of hearing it, and I have no therapist. I went to see some bitch in private practice, who screwed me out of 140 bucks just to tell me she didn't feel comfortable taking me on as a client. I'm trying to set something up through school, but that of course takes time as well.

I just needed to get that shit off my chest, because it's killing me.

hi ehygon,

i know how you feel, i'm the very same boat at the moment. the depression, the meds, the neverending time that it takes to get an appt anywhere and everywhere.

i hate when ppl do that. they screw you out of money and tell you no - there should be a refund policy, but whatever.

take good care,

knucklehead.

we're here to listen and to help.

you've got to tell your pdoc that this is an emergency and that you need an appointment now. if not a live appointment, then a phone appointment and new meds phoned in. they've got to start you on something for that depression. risperdal is great and all, but i'm not sure it is an AD necessarily. mood stabilizer, yes, AD, questionable. i take it and it prevents mania, but i'm not at all convinced of the other way around. so i take lamictal and wellbutrin.

your med combo obviously isn't working, and you need a working dx. i'd try to accomplish those with your pdoc just to get an idea of where you stand and where to go from. it looks like s/he's trying to treat bipolar disorder. usually we have a med under us, one in the middle, and one above us, and an anti-anxiety drug. usually. of course situations vary. that is the particular formula i'm on.

don't be afraid to be assertive in asking your pdoc for an appointment when you need it, like now, and don't be shy to tell him/her what your needs are. sometimes we hold back and our health care providers really have no clue, because we haven't told them.

good luck with this. i think you'll pull through just fine.

come here if you want to talk or just rant. we're here.

loon

Archived