Going onmy morning walk and then swinging by the polling place. Then it is off to the office to relive hubby so he can go vote.

I have several friends who like to moan and complain about politics. So I ask..."Did you vote?"

Well...no...they didn't. So I tell them that they have no right to bitch.

I voted. I went early this morning with my dad. I absolutely love voting. I get such a thrill out of it. I don't know if that makes me a geek, but its true. I harass all my friends (we're all in our early twenties) to make sure they vote, because they're not really the voting-participatory types.

thats so weird that you were able to vote already, Tommy. I didn't know they could do that. cool, though.

on another note, what do you guys think of making election day a national holiday? this came up with my dad today, and I think it would boost voter turnout. what do you think?

I have several friends who like to moan and complain about politics. So I ask..."Did you vote?"

I say the same thing... After all, voting is what this country was built on... right?

I say the same thing... After all, voting is what this country was built on... right?

Yes, but as long as there is no "None of the above" to check, people could still have plenty of reason to bitch.

Tommy

(Who always votes, but not in every race on the ballot)

Oregon is entirely mail-in. I've never been to a polling booth. I really like the mail-in ballots.... you don't HAVE to mail it... they put drop offs at every school and public building etc. I think it's a pretty good system.

I'm not sure about the effect it's had on voter turnout, but I think it's been positive.

I'm not registered at my current address (I completely spaced it. I suck at changing my address. I have everything important (my bank statements etc) sent to my parents' house because if it comes to me I'll probably toss it and because I keep moving and not forwarding my mail, which has actually cost me a fair amount of money in bills I forgot I had and then never got the bill for and then all of a sudden it's in collections.

Yes, but as long as there is no "None of the above" to check, people could still have plenty of reason to bitch.

I do agree, but when you make no effort to know the issues, no effort to register, don't vote on the issues and races you feel you can, and THEN bitch....well....your bitching license gets revoked at my house...LOL

on another note, what do you guys think of making election day a national holiday? this came up with my dad today, and I think it would boost voter turnout. what do you think?
I yhought about that today. It's a great idea. Or even a national half day off.

and,yes, i voted. As cynical and jaded as i am, i still voted. God bless Kinky Friedman.

Breaking News (per MSNBC): Sen. Rick Santorum, R.-Pa., concedes to Democrat Bob Casey.

As a western Pennsylvanian, I say good riddance...even though I'm not a *huge* Casey supporter. Honestly, I would have voted for a wooden spoon if it was running against Santorum. Sad to say, but true.

Archived