This can be the opposite of the thread "Reasons why I suck". I was writing my suck list offline and realised I didn't suck that much today because:

- I actually cooked a meal today, well part of a meal (the veges, but from scratch, and it actually tasted nice).

Hmm, but that's all I can think of cause I didn't do anything else.

Post your daily achievements here, no matter how small.

I took a vacation day yesterday to finish doing the fall yard clean-up and got it almost ALL done. Then I made a home-cooked meal. Then I finished (and folded!) the laundry I started the night before. I don't know what's gotten into me lately. I almost feel like my "old" self (except it's been so long, I'm not sure what she feels like anymore).

Wake up Monday-Friday at 6:30 am

Get myself ready for work and my daughter for school and then drop her off. Then hop on the 60fwy

Drive to work in awful traffic a 20min ride is usually 35 min. Work all day then get off work get back on the

60 fwy fighting even more awful traffic, pick up my daughter talk about her day at school (she's a talker)

Get home make dinner, do some laundry, help daughter with homework, she takes a shower, I return

phone calls. I blow dry her hair (It's really long and pretty)

..................watch tv and then go to bed and start the day all over. Wishing Friday would come

Edit: Not to mention Market, Cleaners, Getting Gas for my car.......etc!!!!

So..........I guess I could say I don't suck at that.

Same job for 9yrs!!!!

Okay I'll play. I pay all the bills, keep the cars and house (sort of) maintained, help my friends financially and otherwise(even if they're laughing at my expense ;) , I love the show "House(Because I want to be Hugh Lauries lapdog), I have a saying "If I eat then one homeless person eats" and that's happened every day of my life since I was 23. I'm straight not narrow and I want world peace and freedom of religion. Okay I think that's it.

lilie

i was brave enough to go to a doctor today and they caught my pneumonia before it was too terribly bad. so that doesn't suck cuz it was super scary (the doc was awesome!!).

i also don't suck because i taught the pharmacist a new word (malingering).

ummmm... i am still somehow holding down my job and THAT is an amazing achievement. i've had it for eight months now. and wihle i'm looking for a new job, i'm not quitting this one ;)

abifae

I have not given up. Im raising two children with rare genetic disorder and mental retardation, my spouse gave up on me years ago and thinks marraige is something to "celibate" I have lost jobs but got back on my feet and do a great job of providing financially for my family. I dont divorce to fullfill my emotional needs I put the needs of my children first. These are all volitional choices of mine, I am not stuck- I decide. These are the things that I remind myself of when I feel like an worthless assclown loser.

I don't suck because I got my MPhil even though I was pretty broken down at that stage. I only passed my thesis by 2 marks and it was paid for by a scholarship from the Irish Government. I feel bad it was so crappy but considering the state I was in, it was a miracle I was able to string a sentence together, let alone a thesis. I now go down to Dublin to graduate next Friday ;)

first, congrats blackbird! that is an awesome accomplishment!

i don't suck because i don't give up, no matter what crappy hand life deals me

i don't suck because i somehow manage to get to all my appointments (pdoc, tcoc, SSA...)

i don't suck because somehow i managed to get SSDI, so someone agrees that i'm crazy!

but basically, because i get into battle mode when bad things happen. i may whine about it and need more klonopin, but i'll be there, fighting until i win. i don't accept losses (or at least very well).

I don't suck because...I'm a therapist and my own diagnosis makes me better able to understand where my patients are coming from...

I'm organized and responsible and motivated. (And OCD...hmm....)

I've got two beautiful kitties at home who love me.

Maybe I'll be able to come up with more later.

i got out of a 4 1/2 year relationship with someone who only wanted me for one thing, some one who never helped me when i got evicted from my apartment 3 years ago, never helped me when i was going to the hunger banks for food, adn never noticed that i was living the life of a normal woman in he 20s and dating whoever i wanted...so self-absorbed that he didn't even care to notice...

but i rock because i got out of the comfort zone, thought better of myself, and dumped his sorry ass.

edited to say- i took in 2 cats that were not mine, and one of them had been preivously abused. i've brought her around and now she seeks me out for attention (like now)!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suck because:

It's been a year since I've even come close to having a panic attack.

I've developed a new hobby - watching football - which allows me to relax somewhat and makes me sit still which is an accomplishment in itself.

I'm becoming successful at a very difficult job that is known for being stressful.

I got up at 3:30 a.m. one day this week to be at work at 5 a.m. - something I usually struggle with - and instead of the normal overtime required when working by myself, I had my shit together enough to walk out the door on time. That's a first!

I actually went to the mall after work on Black Friday, and managed to walk out only having spent $25, which was all I could realistically afford to spend.

I am keeping myself motivated to do my online college class and I am keeping up my A so far.

I used to flip out on my boss when she would accuse me of not being positive. Now I just tell her what I am doing to change the flow of my thoughts.

OK, enough bragging! ;)

I cleaned nearly the whole apartment. Washed all my clothes and found out I have about 50 panties. Vaccumed the apartment. Cleaned the tub and toilet with disinfectant. Watched two movies last night. Folde all my clothes and hung up my sweaters and blouses to prepare for work next week.

went to the bank, got money orders to pay the rent and cash for the bills

went to the drug store to pay the bills- paid them in full (electric, internet) so they don't turn them off

went to the gas station to talk to my temp. boss to tell her about the form- just to update her (blah)

went shopping and bought stuff i needed for the house

put up plastic sheeting between the kitchen and the rest of the place so any cat smell stays in the kitchen (since in got a complaint from the building manager that the hall smelled like cats, which it did not according to me).

today i'm going to totally change the cat litter (bought a better brand yesterday)

tommorrow i'm going to my g'rents house to go to the cemetary with them to put our wreathes.

I don't suck because I got my MPhil even though I was pretty broken down at that stage. I only passed my thesis by 2 marks and it was paid for by a scholarship from the Irish Government. I feel bad it was so crappy but considering the state I was in, it was a miracle I was able to string a sentence together, let alone a thesis. I now go down to Dublin to graduate next Friday :)

Helo blackbird...you surely don't suck whit a Mphil on hand Tjeeees..... Congrats!

I dont suck because i went to the gym and went to my work. I did meet all those faces after my survival at the hospital.....

I did cook a meal (pasta)

I did not drink

I wrote in English

and thats enough for now ;)

Helo blackbird...you surely don't suck whit a Mphil on hand Tjeeees..... Congrats!

thanks Dutch Tony! ;) I hope you are feeling better this weather.

I have managed to go today so far without binging and purging.

I sorted out business with my bank

I ordered high grade Hoodia and got Metamucil for my over-eating as well as Zyprexa Zydis

I started my essay on the field of psychogeriatrics

I have finished half of my NVQ 3 in Administration

I applied on line for a job working for the local health authority

I have 5 units of ECDL completed

so no suckiness here today, I feel pretty good!

I had a decent day off, but a lil' fuckin' up with my Strattera dosage [ a bump up to 50 mg. proved to obviously deplete norepinepherine and severely fuck up my head ] but after comin' down off of that, I used my juicer, got in a much needed and procrastinated-for-a-week jog, went to a b-day party for my co-workers 1 year old, came home and juiced again, and it gave me the energy [ and possibly the idea ] to re-arrange and clean my whole room!! I know a lot of this stems from the fact that it's my second day off from drinking [ another accomplishment, as i'm trying to quit completely... so damn hard.. ] and that i'm trying to find activities to quiet my desire to get cocked. So yeah, had some rough points, but it all turned out pretty well in the end.

I've never tried to kill myself, and considering how miserable I've felt for so many years, and all the crises I've had during that time, and how it seems that there is no end to the pain in sight, and how sometimes it feels like we're all really alone in the world, that is of itself an accomplishment!

• 7 months later...

Keep that head up sunshine.

I got a manicure instead of going home to crawl under the duvet. I wanted someone to hold my hand, secretly. I also stuck a whole shift at work without giving up. Tonight I will start the chapter that I need to study.

I contacted 2 debtors by myself without outside help and managed to get an affordable payment scheme organised.

In fact the lady on the phone was so helpful and made everything so easy that it made my day and I'm still buzzing today - did it yesterday.

Now just have to ask dad for a small loan which I know he'll help as he has done in the past and that will be all of my money problems sorted!!!!!

So although I'll be poor I will be paying back people.

Hopefully I will learn from this and not avoid bill paying in the future!!!!! I'm crap when it comes to finances!!!! Money scares the hell out of me.

Anyway I can now answer my door and phone - stress free........

Hawk ;)

I don't suck because even tho I am an abuse survivor, I have made sure that the abuse stopped with me. I am raising 3 wonderful children (2 preschoolers and a baby) who are happy and creative and sweet. Even tho there are days when we watch videos and I don't do much, there are also days when we go to the library and get books out, or I get some energy and we do painting or some other artsy-crafty thing. And above all, even though I have many,many moments of self-doubt about my parenting skills, I know deep down in my heart that I am a good parent and that I am doing a good job with my kids.

I make sure that we eat healthy food and snacks, and I always have a healthy dinner on the table, and we eat together as a family pretty much every night. I know that will change when the kids get older and have afterschool activities and all, but it's important. I have too many memories of being a latchkey kid when I was in elementary school and being alone until 9 or 10:00 at night, and just scrounging for something to eat (It was just me and my mom).

This is a great thread y'all!

Among other things, managed to get the carpet cleaning people in here BEFORE my vacation, so maybe I can get the new place I'm renting to stop smelling funny. (Also, ripped out a moldy carpet, washed that whole room with bleach, lots of other stuff like that) Maybe I can unpack the cardboard boxes soon. This is a good place to be because you can walk to the lake and swim. (You can also hear a fisher cat scream, which I don't recommend to anyone feeling the least bit scared already!)

Covering for a guy who quit at work, as well as my own stuff, and it hasn't blown up just yet. Not sure how long that will last but he was very capable so I'm not going to freak if I can't keep up.

Kind of impressive what you can do if your meds are somewhat right. (Although I have to admit that sometimes I'd rather do a bit less. Adderall can sometimes be like a boss.)

I'm much more impressed with you folks that get stuff done even without your meds working right. And hope you find ones that work.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep trying to help even when people think I'm a retard for careing. I will love and appreciate my son even if they do diagnoise him with autism. I will finish my part time degree even though people have tried to distract/stop put me down because its 'not a real degree'. I will continue.

• 2 weeks later...

^ <3

I love this thread-- so uplifting

-I'm constantly trying to self-improve (in good ways)

-I've come to actually like/respect who I am as a person. This is a huge achievement for me. ;)

-I've become a better listener, and someone who is always there for people

-I've been able to move past the selfishness in depression (although I still struggle with depression) and give other people's emotions and struggles the same amount of support.

I've been going to uni every day and on time, even the days when I have to force myself to get out of bed at 8.45 (not that early for some people I know but very early for me!).

I've been going to my volunteering meetings even when I don't feel like it, and I always feel better afterwards and know it was worth it.

I'm a really good pool player. I started playing in a league a couple of years ago and actually stuck with it and improved my game a lot. Now I'm going to the regional championships for the second year in a row.

Ahh this thread actually has my eyes watering... I can so relate to 'everyday things' being done and it is an accomplishment for 'us'. ..things 'most' people take for granted....

'job' well done!

I'm driving today around 55 miles to new pdoc who doesn't take my insurance but I'm determined to move forward... tired of the 'system' in my HMO.

Trying to find something to be happy about. I guess I am pretty happy with myself for seeing the psychologist twice now without canceling and hiding at home. Going Friday will make it three times which is a first for me. And I booked the psychiatrist appointment the psychologist told me to get by phone and I did it by myself. I fumbled a bit giving my insurance info but other than that it went well.

And I told both my parents that I am seeing a therapist. I was nervous and a little embarrassed to do so, and I am always worried about being an annoyance or bother to them with these things, but it turned out to be two of the longest and most meaningful conversations I think I've ever had with them. Each was happy and proud I made this choice and where quick to give me info on family history and things they remember were issues when I was a kid. It was pretty amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an adult, but on disability and living at home. So my good thing I did is, I watched my little sister last night while my Mom went out with her husband for their anniversary dinner. And I didn't act crazy or like nazi-sister like I usually do and end up hating myself for. Anyway, things actually went good I think...... I made popcorn, got us both a root beer, and we turned off the lights and watched Twitches Two on the Disney Channel. So it was almost like a real movie theatre. I sure hope she actually liked me watching her this time, because things seemed to me like it went well. Any way, that's my "reason I don't suck", even though I usually do.

• 8 months later...

Gosh, I don't know if I can handle tooting my own horn. Usually I have a hard time identifying the good things about me. I have to ask my friends.

Anyway...here goes:

I can make stuff. Earlier this week I made curtains and throw pillows for my new apartment.

I managed to release myself from an abusive and co-dependent relationship that lasted ten years.

I quit smoking.

I am a published writer.

I starred in and did the voice-over for a TV commercial, and did the voice over for a radio commercial. It was for a company I used to work for in the States. Even though I didn't receive any money for it, it was still the most fun ever.

I have a MA in English and have been teaching English abroad for nearly five years: eighteen months in Japan, and two and a half years here in Sweden.

this is a great topic.

i don't suck because i am trying to reach out more and lurk less. i have a really hard time putting myself out there. that's all i have right now...feeling kinda sucky! ;)

I don't suck because I thought I had to go back to a counsellor - but found other ways to build up myself and be emotionally stronger, and identified the yellow and red flags to watch for - it means pull back and CHILL! ;)

This means I feel better at work and like a valuable contributor instead of believing that every problem is MY fault (kinda self-centred, that!).

I don't suck because I am going for a hike tomorrow, first time in years. I am moving forward.

Great thread!

Archived