DEMS TAKE THE HOUSE!

Hi!

Im super excited about the results as well.

and the first for US history - a woman as speaker of the house - nancy pelosi. this is absolutely wonderful!!!! and shes a democrat and shes from CA.

I would really love to be more involved in politics...but it would interrupt my sleep schedule. ;)

Yeah for dems!!! Yeah for women!!!

december

I am so excited...I feel like I shouldn't have to work today or something...like this should just be a day for partying or something!! Honestly, I feel like it's New Years Eve!! I just want to celebrate!

The guy I work with is PISSED today. (He

I'm so excited! I want to give a graet big hug to everyone who voted. We sent the Repugnicans a very clear message: "fuck you all and the elephant you rode in on". We're gonna raise minimum wage, restore student loans, make health care accessable for all and get the hell out of Iraq. It feels like a brand new hopeful world. Anything is possible!

that pelosi is speaker of the house is the most wonderful thing- maybe we'll see a woman president in the next election? highly possible...

i'm so excited that the dems won back the house. yes, one section of our government is out of the hands of the theocracy! let's hope that voters all over the country wake up, smell the elephant turds, and vote dem.

yes, it is about time people in this country have access to health care, education, actual political freedom, and truth rather than these shrouded lies about iraq. why are we there anyway? "weapons of mass destruction"...bush is a weapon of mass destruction and we're the ones being dictators, in my humble opinion.

so go dems!

i'm soooo excited about this years elections. in my state, the incumbent governor won by a record percentage - something like 75% or something. he's a democrat, which is pretty cool considering i live in NH. and for the first time, we're sending a woman to congress! both incumbent (republican) congressmen were beaten last night! how awesome is that? ;)

yeah! the only thing that would have been better would have been if the dems took the senate too (and of course, if stupid states would stop worrying about gay marriage and focus on other issues).

get that old fart out of there! yeah! finally! now, i'm sure he'll be replaced with another one just like him, but we can celebrate our victory for now!

i'm soooo excited about this years elections. in my state, the incumbent governor won by a record percentage - something like 75% or something. he's a democrat, which is pretty cool considering i live in NH. and for the first time, we're sending a woman to congress! both incumbent (republican) congressmen were beaten last night! how awesome is that? ;)

Hey there fellow New Hampshire person!!!

Yes, I was freakin' pumped when Lynch cinched it by that percentage!!! Very excited!! I was even happier about Carol Shea-Porter and Hodes...I didn't know what to expect there, though I think we all knew Hodes would grab it towards the end.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to a fellow Granite Stater!!

Natalie

Admitted Court TV addict am I; I nearly rolled off the couch with the breaking news that Rumsfeld resigned. Not quite as dramatic as when Agnew stepped off, but holy fucking shit! The Emperor's Court may be crumbling? Is there any hope of a future NOT resembling the movie Equilibrium?

Woot!

S9

I went to voted right after going for injections for pain which were right into my skull.

I probably looked all fucked.

But no one kept me back from my vote.

God no.

Love Boston for that!

I stay up waiting for all counts to get in to see how the seats of the House and Senate, went.

Later when I heard of Rumsfelds it was just more icing on the cake!

Now Bush get your AZZ out, and get our boys home.

Can you not hear the message America is screaming out?

Every day, hour counts.

For each is a life.

Aly

It's true. It's really true.

From the NY Times website:

State officials were conducting a rapid canvass of the vote as part of a formal certification of the result. They could be done by Thursday afternoon, officials said.

Members of the Allen camp said earlier in the day that they expected the review would cut into Mr. Webb

It's true. It's really true.

From the NY Times website:

State officials were conducting a rapid canvass of the vote as part of a formal certification of the result. They could be done by Thursday afternoon, officials said.

Members of the Allen camp said earlier in the day that they expected the review would cut into Mr. Webb

I'm already worried, though, because Pelosi has already said that they won't impeach the president AND they want to work on bipartisanship. WTF? They need to give the Republicans HELL for the grief they've given us from Bill Clinton's impeachment all the way to today. grrrr!! We don't have to be "nice guys." It is OUR TURN to speak up and slam the Republicans for the way they have bankrupted us, taken us to war so Bush and his buddies can get richer.. slashed away at our civil rights, and on and on.

Part of me says it's pay back time. The Rethugs have been so thorough in screwing us over-changing the House rules, withholding info from Dem committee members, midterm redistricting, campaign financing scams, not to mention the non stop investigations into the Clintons lives.

On the other hand, we have to hold on to the majority. If we are seen as being petty and over partisan, we'll lose in 08. We can't stoop to their level and hold hearings for the sole purpose of embarrasing Bush (even though he deserves it). We do need to investigate Katrina and Iraq and Halliburtin, and of course we need to overturn a lot of bad legislation, but we've got to go about it carefully.

Eloquently put praxis.

Anything worth while, is worth doing right.

We have waited so long, so very long.

Now is not a time for anger to fuel what needs to be done with great thought and care for all.

Justice does take time, but I do feel it will come.

This was a very great show of it.

Now we must follow through.

Remind you of somebody?

I would like to see his ass follow though all of the war torn areas of Iraq believe me, as those soilders and cilvilians were.

But, you know, he probably would not even get it.

Aly

On the other hand, we have to hold on to the majority. If we are seen as being petty and over partisan, we'll lose in 08.
I don't understand this!!!! The Republicans held onto power for all those long years by being harsh and partisan!!! Why do Dems have to be so friggin nice? Everybody I know is mad as hell at Republicans, and this placating bipartisan shit we're hearing is very frustrating. When Clinton was in power, what did Congress do then? Did they make nice? No, they friggin impeached him for a blow job! No one was killed by Clinton getting a blow job, but how many people has the current admin killed in Iraq? I am so aggravated!!!

Honestly, I just don't get this "kinder gentler" crap from the Democratic leadership. It's not what I want to hear!

Libby, I think we are better and above them.

They are murders, and all you said.

They have brought our country down so very low.

It will take so much to bring the younger generations back to what this country once was.

But we need to do that.

I am so looking forward to that.

To the future of our youth.

To the future of our country.

I feel it is a rebirth, with a quick growth spurt.

I don't know if you saw previews to the movie "Bobby", I know most here were not even born or maybe even thought of, and the rest of us Babes.

But even us that were just in early grade school kindergarten, I am sure we remember those times, and those days, when the Kennedy's, and Martin Luther King were all shot, and the cries of our parents, or the blank stares.

And all the hell and fall out that happen afterwards to this great nation.

Yes we were maybe just Babes, but we saw and witnessed the end of a great nation, times, and what would have been such a great beginning of so much more.

We now have the ball back finally in our court completely.

We need to get that feeling back, those feelings of what it is to be a real nation.

And to yes know what really matters in the makings of a great country.

Not the petty little shit.

I hope all go see that movie.

And I hope it can be an inspiration to what we can be once again.

It comes out at a great time, after all of this, and during Thanksgiving, a time of family, and Thanks, and of people of diversity coming together.

Aly

It's two years until the presidential elections. They want to make sure that's in the bag.

The majority of the American public would not be behind impeachment proceedings. In several states it was very conservative democrats who were elected. Socially conservative people who support trade unions, pretty much. In the south those are the only ones who have a chance.

IMHO the Repugnicans are actually more like the Visigoths: they saw the writing on the wall in '04 and began their burn and pillage campaign against everyone who is NOT one of them ie. a soulless rich toad! We in the middle send our kids to die in THEIR lil' war for profit, we pay for every thing cuz the biggest corps don't and charge premium rates for all they produce, and they have the gall to say that if you complain you are Un-American...Line ALL of 'em up and shoot them soon!

'scuse my rant...

Ray

I think the Democrats are trying to focus on the greater good. Yes, it would be justifiable to go after Bush. Yes, they deserve it. BUT...it's not worth sacrificing the opportunity to really change the direction of the country [and the world.] And it's not worth taking the chance that the public would be alienated by the Democrats playing politics and putting partisanship over the best interest of the country--something that Republicans do. I like to think we're better than that, and that the people we've elected this time are serious about doing what's right for the country.

I'm sure the Republicans are hoping the Democrats go for impeachment.

I'll be all for it if there's some kind of investigation of Halliburton and the various other shenanigans over the last 6 years, but impeachment proceedings would be the best way to ensure that the Republicans win it all back in '08.

Archived