I've been taking Cymbalta for about a year and a hlf, started at 30mg now at 60 and seems like a good level. I am curious if anyone had the day one through three experience that I had. Those first three days were like a miracle-- not only was my depression lifted but my ADD symptoms dissapeared as well and I was motivated, clear headed optimistic and man just plain outright "normal"

Then that abrubtly faded The drug effectively elimintes my "nuthin matters and what if it did" but ADD symptoms and lack of motivation came back like always.

As I understand it, the norepinphrine reuptake begins much quicker than the seratonin. Would a straight SNRI work for my ADD? something like Stratera? I told my Pdoc all about this but he just says no one seems to benefit from stratera for ADD-- well, could I be a rare exception? Any thoughts? experiences? I think i would seriously consider killing a person if I could get a drug that gave me what I had those first few days. And its frustrating to know that some chemical adjustment can improve me like that but no drug to do it seems to exist. I wish I never had those 3 days. Some times it is not better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

I know of quite a few people who have benefited from Strattera for their ADD. Not me, but maybe for you it might be just the thing. I don't know about med interactions, so you might need to have the Pdoc check on that. Not all of them do. Luckily a lot of the chemists do though.

Good luck.

Thanks Maddy, I do know that i would likely have to switch from cymbalta, since it has an SNRI component and Startera on topo of it might be too much-- I think im going ot talk to my doc about a very low dose of stratera and Im going to look into norpeinephrine precursers like tyrosine and see what he thinks about trying something like that.

I wish I never had those 3 days. Some times it is not better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
What a poignant summary of this phenomena. I could have written this word for word. I remember those 3 days like the idyllic romance we all think is waiting out there or some stupid shit like that.

After the 3 day crash landing (soft) and I leveled out on Cymbalta, I still enjoyed it's benefits against the scourge of my MDD for but for a brief 6 mos. Meh.

I'm feeling better on Effexor, lately though teetering on the edge as I don't know if I'm just sick or an episode is creeping into my grey matter like the early tendrils of the proverbial fog. I am scared.

Thanks for sharing and making me nostalgic for those 3 glorious days! ;) Kind of like doing MDA for the first time, but you have to be quite elderly and a dope fiend to get that reference.

Best,

S9

What are you on for ADD now?

Strattera can help with some kinds of ADD symptoms. It seems to help more with motivation, planning, and task execution than actual attention. I can't read worth a damn on it alone.

I think most people who have compared them agree that stimulants are preferable.

Wellbutrin and desipramine are worth looking into as well.

Hey VE-- I take 36mg concerta-- it keeps me-- functional I guess-- motivation and execution are still troubling but I can think and recall fairly well-- kinda cool when something that I know would have disappered into the ADD ether pops in my head. Makes me feel ... proud? well it does.

Archived