CrazyBoards.org

I've stopped taking my zyprexa again, giving myself a break after I saw that the article on it causing pancreatitis(sp?) I was wondering, aside from weight gain, what have been the side effects you all have experienced on zyprexa?

Lilie

My husband did not gain weight when he first started it, but now at 15mg he is putting on a little weight...but since he is aware that is a side effect, he is just being more careful about what and how he eats.

The side effects of him NOT taking it are much worse...inability to function...seriously pissed off wife who will divorce him if he goes off his meds again...not able to care for his kids let alone himself...mania...uncontrolled spending...bad descision making...

So, is the weight gain thing really all that bad when you consider the alternatives??

Slept 15+ hours a day when I was on it. Of course I was taking a high dose (can't exactly remember how much) to knock out some badass psychotic mania.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My son has the same problem. What did you go to after you stopped Zyprexa?

Hey Cad-

I took Zyprexa when I was first dx'd and was on an 'emergency dose'. Same with Depakote. I was weened off of it and put on over a dozen other meds before doc found the right combo. I had a bad run-in with Abilify on two occasions and am currently taking Seroquel.

Hope your son is doing better.

Hey Cad-

I took Zyprexa when I was first dx'd and was on an 'emergency dose'. Same with Depakote. I was weened off of it and put on over a dozen other meds before doc found the right combo. I had a bad run-in with Abilify on two occasions and am currently taking Seroquel.

Hope your son is doing better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sons getting along, but his meds are making him not give a shit about anything. He goes to work, but can not find the energy to do everday stuff. He is currently taking Zypexa 15mg and Cymbalta 60mg. The Cymbalta seems to be ok, but the Zyprexa has him in bed like 12 to 14 hours a day. Sometimes he misses it and seems awake and kinda manic. His pdoc blows. I am going to call a new doc and pay cash. He will not have insurance until December. He really needs something different so can keep with his job.

My sons getting along, but his meds are making him not give a shit about anything. He goes to work, but can not find the energy to do everday stuff. He is currently taking Zypexa 15mg and Cymbalta 60mg. The Cymbalta seems to be ok, but the Zyprexa has him in bed like 12 to 14 hours a day. Sometimes he misses it and seems awake and kinda manic. His pdoc blows. I am going to call a new doc and pay cash. He will not have insurance until December. He really needs something different so can keep with his job.

Hey Cad-

I had to stop taking Zyprexa because I was too sedated to go back to work so I know how you feel about being able to function. With the number of possible med combinations out there should be a better combination to take than what he's on. His pdoc may be trying to get him stable and then ween off, I don't know but there are better alternatives than this.

Peace bro

Archived