CrazyBoards.org

'nuther nonstandard recipie-choc chip cookies

Posted by Kassiane on: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:06pm

This one is from my honorary sister who is, like, a substituting genius. And she's made it her personal mission to get me off wheat, so she keeps sending me recipies and stuff. *nods* 

These have eggs and in the variety I tasted, spelt, but substitutions can be made.

Ingredients

1.5 sticks butter/margarine (about 1 cup)

3/4c packed brown sugar

1/2c white sugar

1/8 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp REAL vanilla extract

2 eggs OR 3 egg whites

3c rice flour

1 1/2 c soy OR spelt flour

1 package semisweet choc. chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a mixer (or by hand) cream butter and all the sugars at any speed.

When creamed, add the eggs on a low setting in the mixer. Add the rest of the moist ingredients to the mix.

In a seperate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir together (except, obviously, the sugar). Slowly add the powder to the mixer on a med-low setting. After its all mixed, add the chocolate chips.

On a greased baking sheet, use a spoon to drop the dough, with 2" around each dough ball. Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes. Remove with an oven mitt. Let cool and enjoy.

Kassiane, who so didnt come up with this...not that good, heh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recipie Box

reply by miatabamboo on: Apr 13th, 2005, 12:44am

Pre-breadmaker wheat-free bread

stir

1 1/2 tblsp yeast

1/2 cup lukewarm water

2 tea sugar

stir set aside

heat in saucepan

1 1/4 cup water

1/4 cup shortening

sift

1 cup oat flour

2 cups rice flour

1/2 cup sugar

3 1/2 tea xanthiun gum

2/3 cup powdered milk

some salt if you like

1 tea vinigar for taste

3 eggs

Now this is messy and a lot of work but much better than refrigerator breads in the health food place. I do recomend getting a bread maker if you are going to be doing this alot. Mix shortening with dry ingredients, then add vinigar and eggs, then the yeast mix, all with electric beater/mixer. Mix for at least 2 min. Set aside in warm place and let rise for 1 hour with towel and plastic wrap over it. Mix for 3 min and place dough in a greesed loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and towel. Rise for 30 more minuites. take the plastic wrap off.

Cook in oven for 15 min at 390 then cover loaf with foil, it keeps the crust from getting too done. Then

400 for 40 min

Jeez I can't believe I used to do that every week. This stuff likes to climb up your mixers and makes messes so be forewarned.

"Sausage Patties" [veggie, MAOI, Allergies]

Posted by NavySurya on: Dec 30th, 2004, 9:06pm

"Tempeh and Potato" Sausages Serves 4 

* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional oil for frying

* 8 ounces tempeh, finely crumbled[Almonds, as amount is under suggested restiction,or I *think* you can use dry, crumbled seaweed... scowered for interaction and couldn't find one... OR if also allergic to almonds... maybe half cooked plain brown rice??]

* 1 small russet potato, grated[sustitution- sweet potato? or cauliflower?]

* 3 green onions, finely chopped[substitution- green pepper?]

* 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 

1/4 cup unbleached flour

* 1/2 teaspoon hickory smoke

* 1 teaspoon dried sage

* 1 teaspoon dried thyme

* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg[i'm thinking maybe a cinnamon/powdered sugar mix instead?]

* 1/3 teaspoon ground pepper

* 2 teaspoons tamari sauce[if taking an MAOI substitute lemon[or lime] dill dressing-recipe-]

* Sea salt to taste

1.Preheat extra oil in large skillet.

2.In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with your hands. Form mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties.

3.Cook sausage patties over medium heat on both sides until browned.

4.Serve warm with eggs, any style.

Like I said earlier... If there are ANY inaccuracies, please let me know.. and make sure you double check for your restrictions.. I think I got them... but I am human.. so..

~navy~

Recipes

Posted by reddog on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 6:48pm

Salads:

Tamatar ka Salat (Indian Tomato Salad)

1 large ripe meaty tomato

juice from 1/2 lemon or lime, or 1 Tablespoon bottled juice

salt to taste

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, or whole cumin seeds

1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (substitute parsley if wanted)

above proportions are to taste.

Dry roast the cumin (key to entire recipe): place cumin in small pan over high heat and toss for 1-5 seconds, until you can smell the aroma from the cumin.  Grind the whole seeds if that is what was used.

Slice the tomatos, place in bowl, sprinkle with coriander, mix pepper/cumin/juice and pour over tomatoes. 

I added some garlic juice and some olive oil

Bacon, onion, feta etc savory lunch Salad

Hearty, slightly bitter greens like Romaine, some endive, leaf lettuce or baby spinach

Sweet salad dressing, such as Catalina, French, Poppyseed, Raspberry Vinaigrette

Chopped onion

Bacon bits

Walnut pieces

Feta or Blue Cheese

Chopped hard boiled egg

Chopped grilled chicken or turkey breast

Raisins

Basic mix has to have onion, bacon, cheese with a little bit of sweet dressing. It's amazingly good (based on a very popular and successful local restaurant chain house salad). Omit anything you're allergic too, or make vegatarian substitutions.

Fresh Spinach Side Salad

Whole adult spinach leaves, cleaned etc

1-2 teaspoons or cloves chopped garlic

1-2 teaspoons pine nuts

Juice of 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon juice

Briefly sautee the pine nuts and garlic in a little olive oil.  Add the spinach, and cook briefly until spinach STARTS to wilt.  Remove from heat, add the lemon juice.  This is a one serving size.

Nappa Cabbage Salad

1 head Nappa cabbage, chopped

1 bunch green onion, chopped

1/2 cup vinegar

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup sugar to taste

1/4 cup chopped peanuts

1 tablespoons sesame seeds

1-2 tablespoons butter

1-2 tablespoons dark sesame seed oil

Fry the peanuts in the butter and oil, then add the sesame seeds for 1 minute (they burn quickly)

Mix the water, vinegar and sugar (adjust mixture to taste), toss everything together.  You can use rice vinegar or cider vinegar but I wouldn't suggest wine vinegar.

Veggies:

Sauteed Cabbage

1 head cabbage chopped

1-2 teaspoons to 1-4 cup chopped garlic

1-2 tablespoons butter

1-4 tablespoons dark sesame seed oil

Sautee garlic in melted butter and oil.  Add chopped cabbage, allow to sizzle on med-high for a couple of minutes, then stir, cover and put on med.  Cook, stirring occasionally till cabbage is soft.  If you want some carmelized bits, put on high for a few minutes, stir and watch closely.  Add cayenne  pepper, red pepper flakes or hot chili oil if desired.

Sauteed Spinach

1 can spinach, drained

Sautee in a little olive oil, till no more liquid comes out of spinach (it will look almost pudding-y).  Season with some dried Italian salad dressing. You can also sautee some garlic with it.  Add cayenne pepper, if desired.

You can also use green beans instead of spinach, and add some chopped tomatos (canned or fresh).  Add 1 teaspoon mustard to the green beans.

Foods/Allergies/Meals?

Posted by trinity on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:02am

Tuna (or Salmon) Patty Recipe

1 can tuna or salmon (drain about 1/2 the liquid out) 

1 egg

Pinch of salt

2 pieces of toast (I use Sami's Millet and Flax Bread - no wheat or anything else I am allergic to - http://www.samisbakery.com/Products/Breads/Millet_Flax.htm)

Optional:

Onion and/or garlic (better when sauteed first)

Other veggies of your choice

Pinch of basil, cayenne, rosemary, and/or sage 

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-Whisk egg, add tuna (or salmon) and any optional ingredients 

-Break toast into small pieces about dime to quarter size (they do not need to be round though)  Wink

-Add toast to wet stuff and stir until well mixed together.  (If you want you can mix this up ahead of time and put it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.)

-Scoop a heaping tablespoonful into your hand and form into a patty shape.

-Place patties on cookie sheet where they are not quite touching

-Bake for 10 minutes

-Turn patties over and bake for another 10 minutes.

VOILA, they are done.

You can double, triple, quadruple or whatever the recipe.  I usually quadruple it.  These don't last long in my house and you can store leftovers in the fridge.  They actually taste good cold too.

If you add wet optional ingredients, you might need to add some more toast.

Re: Allergy-proof Pizza Crust

Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 11:25pm

on Nov 11th, 2004, 5:47pm, Jerod Poore wrote:

Well post it, dammit!

You have no idea how much ass my potato-based pizza tasted like.

Ewwwww....

Actually I think I might.

Anyway, here tis:

2 cups water

1/4 cup olive oil

1 1/2 tsp cider or rice vinegar

2 TBL sugar

2 tsp baking powder

2 tsp garlic salt

2 tsp xantham gum

2 cups beechnut baby rice cereal (or similar brand)

2 cups rice flour

Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients, and add them to the oil mixture. Mix until thourougly dropped word, probably mixed or something equally redundant. thats the idea.

Divide batter equally between two sprayed pizza pans and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven, add sauce and top as desired. Return to oven and bake until light brown around the edges.

For mini pizzas:

Using 1/4-1/2 cup batter per crust, spoon onto a sprayed cookie sheet. Cut out squares of wax paper, spray them and put the sprayed side on the dough. Use a 6 inch sauce pan to flatten them, then remove the paper (or use the back otf a wet spoon. Bake as above.

After baking but before topping, the crusts may be cooled and frozen for later use.

Source: Special Diets for Special Kids.

Kassiane

who likes this crust better than the crust that she gets semi high off of, probably in part because it doesnt make her semi sick

• 3 months later...

Gluten free breakfast -- good fats, protein, nice base if you have stomach-punching meds

equipment:

deep glass dish w/ lid (bowl + dinner plate)

microwave

ingredients

2/3 cup (60g) flaxseed meal

2 Tbs (14g) soy protein powder

1 c (128 g) frozen blueberries

stick 'em in the dish & stir.

add enough water to float the berries, mix thoroughly

cover, nuke 8 min @ 50% power

it's hot! add water if it's not gooey enough. I add salt cause I like it that way.

382 calories

carb 37g

fiber 21g

fats 22g (all groovy)

protein 25g

Archived