Finding SSDI attorney?

Thanks.. motorgrrl, yes that did help. I wasn't crazy about the results though... it came up wiht a few solo attorneys who practice a bunch of stuff with SS tacked on.

Kablume, I'll look there. thanks.>>>>I don't see anything there about finding an attorney... I admit my brain is fried today... but I don't see anything.

around here, you can't turn on the TV without seeing an ad for an attorney who takes SSI/SSDI cases as a specialty.

===========

same here, but i'm afraid to trust them.

I am too. I would go through someone from that site [bar association], even if it means emailing or calling some different firms that are under the pro bono listings, if you are more comfortable with that to see how they handle SSI/SSDI. [if you do get someone from an ad, they should have no problem sitting down with you and going over your case/situation with you.]

Most will not represent you pro bono unless you are in the appeals process, though, as far as I have heard.

This is a great write up that I found. It is from a woman with chronic fatigue, but it is still very applicable. Another thing you can do is go to the nami website. They have a way for you to request names of legal representation in your area. But again, I am not sure if you will find someone to represent you before the appeals process and I don't know if they refer for SSDI. But since the legal professionals volunteer, I imagine they have experience with it.

SSDI -also for cfs [or fibromyalgia] but still a pretty good example with good points even given the date. It doesn't seem to have changed much.

I tend to think it is easier to relate in some ways to the experiences of those with CFS and/or fibromyalgia in terms of SSI/SSDI because of the whole "invisible illness" [supposedly] thing.

same here, but i'm afraid to trust them.

very true. it's hard to tell if they're out to scam you or they're legit.

I'm in the process of hiring an attorney. I got one off of the ads on tv. supposedly they all work on the same principal of 25% of back pay or $5000.00 whichever is less. does this sound right? anyone else

have any experience on this?

Brian

Archived