What to do when you don't get enough attention?

What do you do when you feel neglected? I mean everyone always says exercise will lift depression, make you confident etcetera etcetera, but what do you do when you feel abandoned and not necessarily depressed. Empty, lonely left behind?? The most social I get is at work, and I hate when its time for everyone to go home. People have their kids or husband to pay attention to me, but most days I feel ignored. I'm in a bubble it seems.

What do you do when you feel neglected? I mean everyone always says exercise will lift depression, make you confident etcetera etcetera, but what do you do when you feel abandoned and not necessarily depressed. Empty, lonely left behind?? The most social I get is at work, and I hate when its time for everyone to go home. People have their kids or husband to pay attention to me, but most days I feel ignored. I'm in a bubble it seems.

Me too, I go home to an empty house. Other people go home to their husband, kids, etc after work. Dinner dates, parties, you name it.

Come Monday morning everyone's full of stories about what they did on the weekend. My story was always the same and never worth mentioning more than once "I got drunk on Saturday night and slept it off for most of Sunday". I don't do that anymore. Nowadays I have nothing to say 'cause I don't do anything at all.

Normal happy people usually forget that some of us don't have good friends and family.

Me too, I go home to an empty house. Other people go home to their husband, kids, etc after work. Dinner dates, parties, you name it.

Come Monday morning everyone's full of stories about what they did on the weekend. My story was always the same and never worth mentioning more than once "I got drunk on Saturday night and slept it off for most of Sunday". I don't do that anymore. Nowadays I have nothing to say 'cause I don't do anything at all.

Normal happy people usually forget that some of us don't have good friends and family.

Yeah, I spend most of my days after work roaming the mall or stores for hours, picking up items trying to decide what matches, or what I need and end up getting nothing. I went to Home Goods and spent hours trying to find bathroom rugs to match a shower curtain, couldnt decide what to get for fear it wouldnt be perfect so i moved on to the soapdish, lotion,toothbrush holder sets. Couldnt figure out what to get after looking for 30-40mins, moved on to something else. The male buddy I used to hang out with ignores my texts messages cause of my disorder that he doesn't understand. I eat all the time, craving sweets. Well I rented four movies and have a brownie waiting...

Archived