I want a treadmill

If I get out of school and can hold down a job I want to buy a treadmill. Then I can go and run and bring myself down from wiredness even if it's late at night, too late to go out and walk because it's dangerous.

That would be great. I mean, right now my Seroquel (which usually has me barely able to even surf the web by 10:30 is having no discernable effect. But I'm going to go shower and try to go to sleep and maybe it will work. Don't want to mess up my sleep schedule.

I walked a lot this afternoon and it made me normal for probably four hours. It seems to work regardless of whether I'm anxious, wired, having lots and lots of daydreams, or, unusually, euphoric and energized, like today. I'm glad medication is letting my moods start to respond to situations again instead of to dice rolls in my head or internally generated calendars or whatever. Hard to get out and get moving when the ramping up is pleasant and exciting, but if I don't then I stop being able to do stuff.

Maybe the euphoric part is because the Dems got the Senate too and I got a scholarship offer. It might just be pretend money though, it might not give me anything about the TA position I already have (and if I took the scholarship instead of the TA position it would be a *lot* less money).

Beware of the treadmill. It's just another drug and an addiction, and it will fuck with your sleep. You start to get results, and you get an endorphin rush. You become addicted to the endorphin rush to the point where you crave it daily, then several times a day. It leaves you physically exhausted but mentally wired. Particularly if you run late at night.

Oh, and exercise is a natural antidepressant, which you really need when you're manic. You have been warned.

If that sort of thing works for you that's awesome.

Walking has been known to work for me, but generally not... if I'm already on the hypo side walking tends to turn into kindof a groove/frollic, then a jog, then a run, then a sprint... but ultimately a sprint to nowhere because my head shiifts around so much I can't decide where I'm going.

I think if I'm in process of going up, excersise makes the up faster... If I'm stably hypo it doesn't change anything and if I'm on my way down it can ease off the crash and make me sleep glorious sleep.

I'm jealous if it does work for you.

because in soviet in russia, serotonin ruptakes you.

AHAHAHAHAHA. I know this is off-topic and I don't even belong here, but that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

I'd rather have an elliptical machine. Those are fun.

oh god VE that was hysterical.

I like the elliptical machines too, but I find I don't use them ): which sucks because they're so much nicer on my knees.

I've heard that the long-distance component of hunting is the reason humans have asses, unlike the other apes.

My crazy pdoc says I can cure all my depression, etc. if I just exercise-so obviously a treadmill is the answer to all my problems. Two problems--no money for one, no place to put it!!

Guess I will have to stay flabby and depressed--

sigh--

china

I should add that I am a fully signed up gym rat, with a bad case of exercise addiction. The gym just ran a 6 week cardio fitness competition, and I got hooked. Big time. I ended up beating everyone except three gym instructors, and they are less than half my age. And I beat at least one other gym instructor.

The good news is that while I am getting a little hypo with all those endorphins and no zyprexa (I quit pro tem to lose some weight), my cardio fitness is excellent. I have the heart and lungs of a 20 year old. They're in the freezer, but I burned the rest of the body.

I know of an exercise video that really works, but it's 80s-tastic. I think it's available on DVD now, and it's a lot more affordable than a treadmill, fits better in your home, and it's not too hard to do (but for a while it'll hurt like hell). And you can order it online, and not leave your house!

It's called Callanetics. She's got various forms of her video, the original being an hour long and there's also half hour versions (called AM/PM callanetics).

She still does classes, if anyone's in the area. www.callanetics.com

<3 I really toned up when I kept up with it. Then I got started on some meds. haha. And now I have no TV. ;) (I know these are all excuses)

Archived