i was NOT abused

Iona_Viona

i was not and never have been abused as a child. i had no traumatic events as a child.

lucky me.

So why do i keep having to tell this over and over to the same docs, sure fair enough ask once or maybe twice to make sure. but why continue to ask?

Beucase i am bipolar and suffer borderline personality disorder, they straight away assume i was abused.

these people are supposed to be doctors cant they accept for some people like me its "nature" not "nurture" and its just as much if not more a chemical problem as it is how i was raised.

Sorry to rant, it just makes me angry that our society is so messed up and so many people have been abused that its almost assumed now that people with a mental illness have had a horrible childhood of abuse. the whole topic is just annoying me in everway.

its so hard not having an explanation for why i am the way i am but can someone just listen to me when i say "no i wasnt abused" that has nothing to do with this for me.

This pissed off hubby too. He describes his childhood as a total blast. The people at the looney bin kept bugging him to talk about his childhood trauma. That was over 20 years ago and those questions seemed to fade with subsiquent hospital stays, but still....their insistence that something must have happened to him that he just didn't remember was making him even crazier than he already was.

gee, that's fair. i WAS abused and had all my doctors telling me there is no way that i WAS.

and other "survivors" telling me the abuse wasn't that bad becaues i enjoyed so many parts of my childhood.

sometimes i think people will just take the opposite of whatever you are saying as true. makes me think they must be pathalogical liars to assume everyone else is lying that much.

abifae ;)

yes yes yes! I was bobbing my head furiously in agreement with Iona, and then nearly gave meself whiplash reading abifae's post. Yes yes yes!

what? it sounds like a cheap parlour trick, doesn't it? Just tell the patient that whatever s/he thinks is true, it was really the opposite. ya can't win!

lily

Archived