It just feels like

divinedesign21

I have never gotten along with people. I have usually thought that people just suck and that I'm just caught in the crossfire but lately, I just think people hate me. I'm not being paranoid eiither. I have tried to be a nice person, but I always fail. Apparently I don't come across as being nice. No one will ever just tell me what it is about my personality that obviously sucks so how can I change what I don't know about?

People avoid me and they say they're my friend but when they don't send me emails anymore, what am I supposed to think?

Do I complain too much? Am I mean? Am I condescending? I just wish I knew what the hell was wrong with me and why can't I just be like Whinne the Pooh or something?

I am willing to be that it has to do with the way I say things. I am pretty condescending (in fact I remember my counseler at rehab telling me that) to people. I honestly just find it very difficult to deal with the amount of stupidity displayed by the average human being. People don't want to think for themselves and I usually just end up frustrated.

I think I just need to stop taking everyone's inventory. In AA they tell me to take my inventory of my character defects...not everyone elses.

It's just hard and sometimes it's even fun. (did i say that out loud?) LOL

yeah, that will get you on the wrong side of the fence rather quickly! any sign of being condescending and people automatically put up barriers against you. people don't like it when other people think they're better.

even if people are stupid, and there are a lot of stupid people in the world as everyone here at CB knows (the population here is bright), then you just have to deal with it.

you're not perfect, like they say in AA. if you considered someone to be stupid, however they had never had a drinking problem, would you like it if they treated you like a second-class citizen because of it?

so AA is right- we all have flaws, and for some people, their flaw is being stupid. maybe they're very nice and warm people and the best of friends, but not the brightest of bears.

relax.

Archived