hiya-

since i went on ssdi in september, my numbers on the scale have been dropping. now i'm down under 120. usually, to get to that weight, i'd have to starve myself to death.

i'm eating right, the way i always do, and getting the same amount of exercise i always do.

as far as i can tell, i'm not doing anything differently.

what gives?

no, i haven't tried a different scale, but i will to be certain. but my clothes are a bit baggy. i'm fitting into my "skinny" clothes.

i have no clue. really none. when i get my windfall from SSD i'm going to join the gym across the street to put on some muscle weight, and maybe i'll gain more weight that way.

i was wondering- you know, there are all these commercials about cortisol, and how stress increases your cortisol and causes fatness (and of course the solution is in their pills)- i'm really wondering if having less stress is doing it.

i'm going to the doctor soon- i'll ask him (i know it's a tumor and i'm going to die!).

• 2 weeks later...

no, i haven't tried a different scale, but i will to be certain. but my clothes are a bit baggy. i'm fitting into my "skinny" clothes.

i have no clue. really none. when i get my windfall from SSD i'm going to join the gym across the street to put on some muscle weight, and maybe i'll gain more weight that way.

i was wondering- you know, there are all these commercials about cortisol, and how stress increases your cortisol and causes fatness (and of course the solution is in their pills)- i'm really wondering if having less stress is doing it.

i'm going to the doctor soon- i'll ask him (i know it's a tumor and i'm going to die!).

muscle loss and lack of stress?

if you had been goign to the gym and are not going now, you'll lose muscle, although that shouldn't make your clothes baggy. i know some of the weight i lost being sick is muscle.

my weight is definitely more stable without stress. i tend to lose weight with stress, but i'm weird. most people gain with stress.

abifae

I lose weight with stress too.

Welbutrin is known for it's weight loss/weight neutrality effect.

Add to that Adderall, Lamictal with it's weight neutality, etc...

That's why all the smokers clamor for Zyban (ie - Welbutrin SR or XL or whatever) to help them quit smoking. It also helps them from gaining weight while they quit.

Just now found this thread and thought I'd give you my take on it.

Hope that helps.

yeah, it is pretty scary, my jeans used to fit fine and now they will fall off of me if i'm not wearing a belt. i had to go to the 2nd hand store today and buy new pants a size smaller. i hope i needed just one size smaller and not two. i'm not THAT skinny after all!

the numbers are still dropping.

i don't know about stress. when i was working i was under stress but my response was to eat (usually). i'm on ssd now and i'm losing weight for no apparent reason.

perhaps maddy's on to something and it is my meds.

Archived