i think i know what happens when people take lsd

wow. i have never taken lsd before. i am having hallucinations right now.

mainly, staring at one spot too long. whatever i am looking at something, it becomes liquid sort of.

once that starts, i can see 3d images. dog, grids in neon. it happens like this when i cross my eyes. not a constant state. i look away from the liquid when i don't want to go farther.

so, what am i taking?

this is what i think is the problem. i have been trying to go on geodon. 3 weeks=20m 1 week=40 (now). i had to take cogentin and an benedryll.

may be geodon, have not used above in a while and still get hallucinations. actually, 3 times, all on geodon.

i would love to explore and lose myself in these images i see , but it scares me. only had 1 manic episode, dream, no visual.

i took one mg of risperdal because of it, hasn't kicked in.

oh, while i'm here, what is best way to quit geodon. withdrawals?

never tried lsd.

THANK YOU!

kathy

I had XACTLY the same side effects (EPS kinds of things) from the Atypicals that I had when I did LSD, or peyote. So there is some common molecule somewhre-- BTW--respridil is considered an atypical, I don't know if Geodon is--

Wish I knew enough chemistry to know what was going on--its Compazine, the Atypicals, and the afore-mentioned psychedelics. Damn shame--I like peyote, and GOOD old fashioned acid is something I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Sigh--

china the boring

P.S. Geodon is an atypical, so I suppose it has that same little molecule as is found in the hallucinogenits--mayhap that is the problem--

Benadryl can cause hallucinations. Normally it takes a walloping big dose, but YMMV. I would recommend dropping the Benadryl immediately.

I think we discussed this topic in depth several weeks ago, and that we found that paradoxical reactions are known to happen with the AAP.

Hope you feel better soon. Call your Pdoc. If things get out of control, have someone take you to the ER or call 911.

a.m.

OH, VE, I love you--this is obviously why you get the big bucks.

Will you bring your big ole brain and come run away with me??

(That way you can explain to me, slowly and in small words, what the 5-HT2A binding really is.)

china

thank you everybody! sorry to put ya'll through this a 2nd time. i am pretty sure now that i have been here

ya'll definitely help me.

Find the mistake. =D

Yeah, you might want to discuss with your PDoc something that involves your 5HT2A receptors. Specifically, blocking them. Trazodone, Remeron (not Rozerem!), and Risperdal all do this. However, looks like too much blockage can also cause hallucinations! I also second the consideration of Adderall as a cause.

Do you have anything else to tell us about the nature of your hallucinations? Maybe we can help you better, then. ;)

oops! i did it again...

y'all.

thing is, if i type it wrong in the beginning, hand is already trained!

yea, trying to get a hold of pdoc.

i swear the hallucinations happen when i look too long at one spot or when i move my eyes the same way you do when looking at those colored pictures trying to find the images.

the external ones are gone, but i still have the internal ones.

i have been taking risperdal and i think that helps.

thanks everyone for your concern! i am so immersed in my problems right now, yuck.

kathy

oops! i did it again...

y'all.

That's better. =D

i swear the hallucinations happen when i look too long at one spot or when i move my eyes the same way you do when looking at those colored pictures trying to find the images.

That's a fairly classic symptom of hallucination perception persistence disorder (HPPD), aka "psychedelic flashbacks". Research has shown mixed results on the use of 5HT2 antagonists (like Risperdal, trazodone, and Remeron) on HPPD. Risperdal maybe so much not mixed results, actually, since for many, it CAUSES hallucinations, paradoxically.

the external ones are gone, but i still have the internal ones.

Those are called "phosphenes". My general observation shows that some people (particularly Aspies, as well as some BPIIs and ADDers), have them whenever they close their eyes, on a regular basis. Phosphenes might be a result of the activation of the 5HT2 receptors, such as is done by LSD and mushrooms.

i have been taking risperdal and i think that helps.

That's cool. Risperdal blocks 5HT2 receptors, and might alleviate HPPD (at least in theory). However, some research has shown it aggravates HPPD/causes hallucinations (again, looks like a balance between too much and too little). In the end, all that matters is that it's helping.

If you think it's not enough, you might want to discuss with your pdoc increasing the dose of Risp, or adding trazodone or Remeron.

Hope this helps. :-)

And as a further note, Kathy, I guess I have to say I can't help you. As I implied above, I've had that hallucination issue since I was born. :-)

I guess since I'm so used to it that I'm entertained by my own "visions" behind my eyes. For some reason, a fruit stand is a common theme. Peaches. Hmm.

Also these little blue electron bands zapping around round red nuclei, I always get those while going to sleep.

Also, the weirdest thing I get (sorry I'm threadjacking somewhat) is the persistence of images of the external world. In other words, when I lay myself to sleep and shut my eyes, I can move them around and look around the room in terms of ghostish images. Also, if I lift an arm, I can vaguely visualize the arm going up in my field of vision.

Then again, I'm weird. :-)

yea, me too.

i just think they are coming from a place between the eyes, maybe an 1/2 deep and up a little.

i really believe in a third eye or a sixth sense. and i believe this is where compassion, empathy lie. that's why bipolars are more in tune to this world and everyone's emotions. that space is activated by outside stressors as well as a build-up of energy.

and i think that a near-death experience is when the body is dormant, but the energy remains in that same space. kind of a way to warn you or rest the body.

i am fascinated by it all and really wanted to enjoy the hallucinations, but they frightened me. i have to have control at all times. that's why i haven't tried anything more than pot. don't know what will happen if i lose myself inside my head.

(i hijacked my own thread!)

see, i'm weird.

all of you are great!

thank you!

kathy

Oh! pdoc. she said to break 20mg capsule, divide in two and put in food. anyone heard of this?

i have tried LSD thats pretty cool ...only once though never would do it again

heh, but gettin' there and I are seeing this stuff without doing LSD. Not that that's a good thing, mind you.

Kathy--

I dunno, I wouldn't fear those visions (I don't fear my own). In the end, they always come to a single bright point of light. That's all, and strangely, merges with my own spiritual beliefs.

There's this New Age prophecy of the so-called "indigo children" (no relation to the 80s lesbian rock pair). Apparently it involves this deity named Kryon (don't ask) and the ancient Mayans. These children/people, prophecied mostly to be born 1980-1990 (with a center around April 1983) are supposed to save humanity, and have striking similarities to those with BPII, ADD (inattentive), and Asperger.

I actually do have a running joke with my friends that I am, in fact, one of them. ;)

As far as crushing the pills, I guess your pdoc wants the med to hit you all at once? I'm not sure why she's doing that. Which med did she ask you to do that with? Lexapro?

guess i'm not in the age group, born 1971. oh well! they musta meant the 70's.

well, the pill is geodon. so, it hits you faster that way? like a head rush? scares me.

boy, i've been battling this shit for 3 1/2 years. still don't know what's going on!

oh, i have no idea if i mentioned this (don't even know the date!), but my 2nd to last pill was sun noon. i woke up this morning with twitches all over, pretty substantial. i also laughed for no reason. honestly, i really thought i had an idea about how turrets feels. i did take a geodon because i thought it was withdrawals. so confused!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, once i feel stable on a aap, i will definitely explore these visions, if i still have them. some of them i remember and i can tell people, especially if its funny/weird whatever.

thank you so much for continuing to help me. feels good.

take care,

kathy'

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest_susan_*

i have tried LSD thats pretty cool ...only once though never would do it again

hey umm what happens to personal relationships when you take LSD?? plz rite back

For about 12 hours you giggle at people then you are back to normal. If you do it a lot or you're kinda twisted to start out with you can end up psychotic.

What are you asking exactly? I confess to having done too much of it in a past phase of my life. I don't think it impaired social relationships any, but I'm not sure that I'd notice if it did.

There is a molecule is Respirdil (don't know about Geodon) that is the same as one in the haluconegins--LSD, peyote, etc. I learned that when I had weird side effects from the Atypical (Respiradil, etc) that felt just like when I used to take acid, etc. So I supose its not impossible to halucinate on atypicals--

But if you look/stare at any object for a long time,. drugs or not, it will start looking weird--thats just how your eyes and your optic nerve work.

I get very anti-social when I take acid--"too much input" really bothers me, and I like just being alone. (That was back when it was really acid--not sure what it is now---)

china, old enough to remember, and too old (and poor)to be fucked up much any more

P.S. And VE is right on--if you have EVER had any sort of psychotic episode at all, you are jumping off a cliff fooling around with any kind of drugs--or alcohol, I think--

There is a molecule is Respirdil (don't know about Geodon) that is the same as one in the haluconegins--LSD, peyote, etc.

The standard "recreational" hallucinogens mostly have a phenethylamine-based structure (mescaline and company) or a tryptamine-based structure (psilocybin, DMT)

Then there are more complex things like LSD and salvinorin.

Risperidone itself doesn't look too much like serotonin on paper, but it does bind to 5HT2A - you must have an extra-special variant of the receptor ("We've replaced

China's 5-HT2A receptors with Folger's Crystals. Let's watch and see what happens when she finds out!")

I had XACTLY the same side effects (EPS kinds of things) from the Atypicals that I had when I did LSD, or peyote. So there is some common molecule somewhre-- BTW--respridil is considered an atypical, I don't know if Geodon is--

Wish I knew enough chemistry to know what was going on--its Compazine, the Atypicals, and the afore-mentioned psychedelics. Damn shame--I like peyote, and GOOD old fashioned acid is something I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Sigh--

china the boring

P.S. Geodon is an atypical, so I suppose it has that same little molecule as is found in the hallucinogenits--mayhap that is the problem--

ummmm.... im doin this 4 a school project nd i need to ask u something about LSD what does it do to personel relationships? plzzzzzz rite back!!!! ;):)

Archived