Provigil are like sugar pills!

Dweii

I think I have a high tolerance for meds, any meds (also illegal drugs). As you can see in my sig, I'm on the highest recommended dose of everything. Now I just started taking 400 mg Provigil from 300 mg. It.still.does.nothing.

Right now I take 200 mg when I wake up and 200 mg sometime in the afternoon. I've experimented with taking it at different times and taking the whole dose once a day, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to potentiate the effects of caffeine a bit. Ans maybe make me sit more still in school. And I can feel a difference when I don't take it, so I guess it's doing something. But not enough. I can take 300 mg and then fall asleep for five hours. I don't want to be on a scheduled substance that does little more than coffee. So while it's better than taking nothing, there's still a lot to wish for.

But, this is my last ADHD med option, for various reasons, so I really need this to work. Is there any data about going higher than 400 mg?

Hello,

I went as high as 400mg/day, and got nothing either. That's when I gave up, so I have no anecdotal data, even, on dosages higher than that.

I have no ADD meds either. Boy does that blow!

Helena, you're getting regular blood tests to make sure your liver is doing okay, right? I'm pretty med resistant too, but I tend to just go to the highest recommended dose, and if that doesn't work I take my ball and go home and go look for another med.

Have you talked to your doc about upping Provigil?

good luck to you,

lily

i've still got some extra in additon to the 200mg i'm now prescribed. (400 did nothing for add, so i take 200 for binge control -- yay.) i could try taking more and see if that changed anything. dn't know how risky that might be, though.

I think I have a high tolerance for meds, any meds (also illegal drugs). As you can see in my sig, I'm on the highest recommended dose of everything. Now I just started taking 400 mg Provigil from 300 mg. It.still.does.nothing.

Right now I take 200 mg when I wake up and 200 mg sometime in the afternoon. I've experimented with taking it at different times and taking the whole dose once a day, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to potentiate the effects of caffeine a bit. Ans maybe make me sit more still in school. And I can feel a difference when I don't take it, so I guess it's doing something. But not enough. I can take 300 mg and then fall asleep for five hours. I don't want to be on a scheduled substance that does little more than coffee. So while it's better than taking nothing, there's still a lot to wish for.

But, this is my last ADHD med option, for various reasons, so I really need this to work. Is there any data about going higher than 400 mg?

have u tried cylert (pemoline)? it has some nasty liver warnings but thats one that people usually dont try

(EDITED: cylert was taken off the market in US in late 2005)

• 1 year later...
Guest Double V

have u tried cylert (pemoline)? it has some nasty liver warnings but thats one that people usually dont try

(EDITED: cylert was taken off the market in US in late 2005)

Archived