on the other hand, I've only ever heard of bc pills exacerbating acne. Could you not ask for a specific acne treating med? As far as I know (and I'm well away from being a med professional), that shouldn't mess with your MI cocktail.

It depends on what bc you are on. Bc and lamictal don't get along well and each fucks up the effectivness of the other. I was on both at the same time. I was on Yasmine for bc and Yasmine is famous for decreasing acne by balancing the old hormones. There is another on that boasts the same, but I can't remember which it is. ANyway, with the yasmine as bc, I never got the lamictal acne. My doc at the time said that the yasmine and tons of water would keep the acne under control. Hope that helps. Oh, and ask your pharmacist for info. It's free and they tend to know more about interactions then doc's...just my 2 cents. stay well.

im on not birth control at all right now. i just figured well if its feckin up my hormones, maybe bc would help :-/ I'll be asking my dumbass of a dr today about it. I cant leave the house wiht my face the way it is, lol.

Archived