Medication Compounding

Does anybody have their meds compounded and if so do you have info on the comparable cost?

I know it varies from med to med but I really don't have any idea of cost or which meds can or can't be compounded.

I am having trouble finding information so if anyone could just point me in the right direction even, that would be helpful. Thanks.

I looked into having an experimental medication for sinus infections compounded a couple years ago, but didn't get to the point of get costs. It is difficult to find pharmacies that do compounding, because of quality and safety standards, plus the fact that there is little call for it anymore.

I did find a pharmacy near me that does offer compounding though. In researching the meds I would have needed I found a real pharmacy that does business on the internet and offered compounding. As I recall they specialized in custom compounding and less common meds. Sorry I have no idea who it was.

You might try a net search on Custom Compounding...

Good luck.

a.m.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody have their meds compounded and if so do you have info on the comparable cost?

I know it varies from med to med but I really don't have any idea of cost or which meds can or can't be compounded.

I am having trouble finding information so if anyone could just point me in the right direction even, that would be helpful. Thanks.

I use a pharmacy in St. Louis which compounds hormones for me. They have very helpful staff who can answer your questions.

Bellevue Pharmacy Solutions 1-800-728-0288

Good luck.

i'd look around the phone book for independent pharmacies. their ads may say they compound, or if you call one small one they may know which ones do compound. the small pharmacy nearest me that compounds says so in a sign in the window, i think so few places do it now that the ones that do are quite proud of it.

Archived