I had to buy a newer, bigger pillbox

resonance

Moving up in the world, I guess. Last time I had to buy a little (of course I thought it was humongous) four-a-day box because I started having to take pills more than twice a day. This time I had to buy a bigger one because the pills wouldn't all fit in their little slots.

*sigh*

lithium, lamictal, seroquel, birth control, multivitamin, calcium, depakote.

The last one had little pop-out containers so you could grab a day to take with you. This one they don't pop out. Not much selection in the four-a-day. I did buy two little one-day four-a-days, one to keep in my purse always, the other to take along for trips.

I used to have a fun little rainbow-colored tower that screwed apart- each day was divided in half, and you could take a day with you. But that became problematic because I lost days (like actually lost their container) and soon it wasn't any sort of reliable indicator of whether I'd actually taken the meds that day or not.

So... I think that the being able to take days with you (as in the pop-out example) is overrated. I think it's better to have a separate one that you keep in your purse all the time. Keeps the integrity of the operation together. Haha. Especially because I also had trouble keeping the days right- actually taking the pills from the "Sunday" container instead of the "Tuesday." That is a stupid thing to have trouble with- if I were paying attention I would have screwed the days together in the right order and that problem would have been eliminated.

Yeah. It was really pretty- like I said, bright rainbow colors and I liked the font. But just about the least practical pillbox for me to have, ever.

my pillbox has a keychain on it and was a gift from my tdoc, courtesy of geodon (which i do not take). the places for pills are rather small, so my pills barely fit. i have to be creative with the placement, especially of the daytime lamictal ones. there is one side for am and one side for pm. nevermind if you take any meds in between (like i have an afternoon klonopin dose).

i just remember, generally, that i take certain drugs in the am and then in the pm. i have the bottles lined up in the appropriate positions on my table so i take them all. i keep symmetrel (which i take in am and pm) and klonopin (which i take 3x a day) in the middle row.

this system seems to work better than the geodon keychain, though it was thoughtful of her to ask for one for me.

Archived