I am up to 300mg of seroquel. I have a mix of 50mg pills and 300mg pills now. My problem is I have to dose myself with it 3 or 4 times a day. Like, 100 in the morning, 50 at lunch, 50 at dinner, and 100 in the evening. This goes along with 4-6mg of klonopin, and 45mg of remeron. I don't get any sedaiton from it, I haven't had any appetite gain, in fact I now have no appetite at all. It works, it works really well actually. I like it better than zyprexa in the fact it isn't so sedating. Anyway, my pdoc told me I shouldn't do it this way, that I should only need a dose at night and in the morning. Am I just metabolizing it fast? I'm going to have to find a solution soon, before I run out of 50mg pills. I can only chop the 300mg in half, chopping the halves in half results in fireworks of pill. It just seems weird, I don't know. I don't want to quit the med I just want to know if this is normal or anything.

How much are you supposed to take total per day?

I think it has a really short halflife in the blood but hangs out in the brain for longer.

DD takes it three times a day - 200 mg. in the a.m., 200 mg. at dinner, and 300 mg. at bed. It seems to work better for her this way.

How much are you supposed to take total per day?

I think it has a really short halflife in the blood but hangs out in the brain for longer.

DD takes it three times a day - 200 mg. in the a.m., 200 mg. at dinner, and 300 mg. at bed. It seems to work better for her this way.

Yeah it does have a short half life, and 3 x daily dosing is common. It reaches peak plasma concentration in 4 hrs, and then gradually flows out of the system. I take mine at 8am (300mg), 12pm (600mg) & 4pm (300mg) which seems to work well enough (and I am prescribed to do it this way).

Archived