hospital debt...

Why won't the insurance co. pay? Do not answer if you feel as if it is no one's business. If you have low income, try applying for Medicaid. I believe they will go back 3 mos. and pay those bills also.

Good Luck Febreze!!!

You could also file bankruptcy. Or tell people when you talk to them that you may be forced to file and see what kind of creative payment plans they can work up. It is amazing how cooperative people can get if they think they might get stuck with the tab.

You could beat them with a stick! Ok, that was a favorite method of dealing wtih pdocs from one of my friends.

I'd argue with the insurance co about it. You could even try to get your pdoc to talk to them. Is it that it wasn't pre-approved? You could argue that it aws a life-threatening emergency, and the hospital saved your life.

I know how you feel.

Bankrupcy is also a solution, but one you shouldn't be forced into. Sue the insurance co if that's what it takes. Make them payQ!!! That's why we pay outrageous premiums!

I couldn't remember whether the mental health parity act was a California thing or Federal, so I checked. It's Federal. Here's a good site:

Mental Health Parity Act

So, you're going to have to read your policy very carefully or find a legal aid group for low income people who can help you talk some sense into your stonewalling insurance company.

Meantime, STAY in contact with the hospital. Most have a payment plan coordinator. Even if you can't send in much, keep them talking. Otherwise you get sent to collections and those people suck.

I truly feel for you. It's horrible to have to deal with this stuff when you can barely get through the day. Hang in and keep talking to us.

Greeny

Archived