If you love something let it go?

"if you love something set it free. if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

-----> coffee mug describing Scorpios

i think that if they keep going and going, i agree with WZ, they weren't yours to start with, and with HT, that if you told them you don't love them anymore, they may want to go away just because they were rejected.

examine whether you made them feel rejected, or if you just said calmly that if they don't want to be iwth you they can leave, but you'll always love them?

rejection can be powerful. maybe their feelings are too hurt and they're backing away. if you feel you may have rejected them, you could always contact them and say that you didn't mean to reject, only to set free, and see what happens...

I guess it kind of depends on how you let it go...

and why it kept going...

if you made a mistake and said something you didn't mean, if you're filled with regret...

and it kept going because it believed you meant what you said and was filled with heartbreak and just thought this was what you really wanted...

well, maybe you should say, I didn't mean it, I don't really want to let go...

BUT...

if you let go and meant it and now you're rethinking it...

and it kept going because there was an opportunity to finally be free of something that just wasn't right...

then it's probably best to just let it go.

Eh. It kept coming back to me because it knew I loved it with all my heart, and that I was a doormat. "He" is still treating me like shit though, so I have to make the decision to let him go. He doesn't seem to be fighting it....but he doesn't seem to be going either. And I dont have the spine to just sever it all. I hate being weak.

Ohh...

That's not really a case of "If you love something, let it go..."

I don't think...

It sounds more like a case of self-love and self-respect and letting go because you know, in your heart, that you deserve better than being treated like shit in the name of "love."

You're not weak, though. You're just human. We don't always love who we're "supposed to" love. Hell, take a look at my signature...

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

I hope it involves taking care of yourself.

Archived