trigger warnings

It just occured to me that this is the only forum I've ever visited that has a schiz board that doesn't put a blanket ban on religeous talk.

Could there be a suggestion/rule about trigger warnings on this type of stuff?

I'm sensitive to philosophy as well, and psuedo science but that would be ridiculous to put triggers on everything, I know to avvoid the spirituality board so I'm usually safe, but it sometimes happens

Dan

Well. See the walking on eggshells policy. This is one of the big thing that sets us apart from most of the other support forums on the net.

The gist of it that you're responsible for your own triggers. We encourage people to say what they need to say without having to worry about all the reasons why what they say might cause problems for groups x y and z.

We do have some common sense restrictions on a board by board basis. Weight loss methods on the eating disorders board is discouraged, for example.

I'd never thought of this before, honestly. We have had users with religious delusions before. Discussion of how someone thinks they are Jesus is unquestionably better suited for the schz/SA/psychosis board than it is for the religion and spirituality board. We're not going to tell that person that their issues can not be discussed at all because they might be triggering.

The modfolk will have to powwow on this. My gut reaction is that we can't do it simply because it's too much of a slippery slope. We'd end up being unable to talk about anything but the weather. No. Croix is triggered by the weather. See where I'm going with this?

If something gets too preachy we do usually move it to the religion forum because we do acknowledge that some people are triggered by that kind of thing. The mention of religion is still fair game in all the forums and in springer the thread owners get to make their own rules pretty much.

Archived