Ways to Promote Physical Healing

hiya-

i'm going to have that LEEP surgery where they're going to take cells off of my cervix.

the healing process will take several weeks while new cells are being built.

are there any reliable, safe, effective ways i can promote the healing process? are there any supplements that would help (once i run them by some medical people to make sure they won't interact with my psych drugs)?

i know that tissue down there is different and i don't know if that matters at all.

Ha ha. You want to be a nurse right? Here are the basics to promote healing: have a balance between activity and rest/relaxation, good nutrition with adequate protien and calories, remain well hydrated, vitamin A & C + zinc, sitz bath with epsom salts, keep area clean, don't douch, avoid strenuous activity for a week, no vag or rectal sex for a week, keep vag packing in place as instructed, report excessive bleeding or difficulty peeing or excessive pain (tho vag packing may cause some cramping feeling and might make you have trouble peeing). Small amounts of pink or red bleeding at first and then gets darker. Don't be surprised by cramping and your next period might be off/different/bleeding. Check temp for infection (most common time 3-5 days post operative) Follow Drs instructions. I'll see if I can find anything else specific to your proceedure.

Edit: to fix spelling

Found this on a google search for LEEP SURGERY . Info from University of Illinois McKinley Health Center. I'm sure you've probably gotten this info yourself already.

Take 3-4 Ibuprofen 200 mg tablets about 30 minutes before procedure. This will lessen cramping, which may occur.

Loon (BIG HUGS) .... for any kind of surgery, I can recommend keeping yourself hydrated. Raspberry leaf tea is harmless (as far as I know...anyone?) and is good for the female system...it kind of tasts like raspberries too... I have seen tea blends for womens health with dried raspberries which look yummy...run 'um past some one knowledgeable though.

Remember also, Healing is a state of mind. Give yourself slack, love your whole self, and comfort yourself when you need it...you have been through an upsetting, very stressful experience, so account for that psychologically BE GOOD TO YOUR SELF!

Luv an hugs

Archived