CrazyBoards.org

Not sure what to do- trig

trg247

I cut my inner forearms with an exacto knife. Long slow rows of blood appears and my brain slows down for a while. Years of cutting has left layer upon layer of scars. Always the same place and every once in a while I push down a little bit harder, my self conscious reaching out to speak. I don't like the looks I get but part of me understands them...why would anyone do this to themselves. Depression has my number and it knows what buttons to push. Fighting an inner war and I am loosing.

trg247

• 2 weeks later...

cutting is soooo addictive. the more you cut, the more you'll want to cut.

i know it's hard to stop when the depression's got you by the throat. i've been there. but cutting is only a temporary solution.

it's like a rebound headache, which is something i didn't know about before i developed chronic migraines. to get rid of the headache, people take excedrin every day. it works for a while, but then your system gets used to that excedrin and so it doesn't help any more. so the person takes more excedrin, and it works again for a while...but now the body needs that base dose of excedrin not to trigger a huge migraine, so any attempt to cut down on it hurts, and it hurts a lot.

you really do not want to be in a place where you have to hurt yourself every day, or where you have to hurt yourself more just to feel the same amount of relief you did earlier.

please please try to find something you can do instead of hurting yourself. i know it's hard, but please try to fight the urge when it comes along. even if you do end up hurting yourself you could still be proud that you tried not to do it.

you can stop doing it. and there will always be people to listen and support your efforts here.

good luck and good wishes to you.

Archived