CrazyBoards.org

Books,movies about schizophrenia.

Personally i have only see the movie "A beatiful mind" about schizophrenia.I really enjoy it.

I have read some books about surviving schizophrenia but i dont remember the authors and titles exactly right now.I want to read some novels about schizophrenic people.

(There is a topic about books but i preffer to post here).

No links plz to other sites just anything that u guys have seen or read.

Thx.

Oh yeah, I read the book surviving pschizophrenia and really liked the 1st edition (1992?) better than the subsequent one(s) because it was like reading descriptions of myself. The author mentioned that when mood disorder symtoms are present (depression) there tends to be a better outcome and I find that interesting.

It's a beautiful mind really helped me to understand what pschizophrenia was about and I had seen it before I came down with my 1st psychotic symptoms. Dr Nash's story is incredible to experience. I really did not catch on that he was ill. Was upset when the plot changed and his wife was aware that he had a problem. Was convinced he was a good guy trying to catch on to the soviet's. Can understand seeing such patterns and messages in codes.

My favorite book about schiz is a comedy by Robert Rankin called "the dance of the voodoo hand bag". He really has no idea about MI but some of it actually close to home base and it's really funny, I love Barry the time sprout who lives in this guys head.

I'm usuallly not uo to heavy reading anymore so this is more my thinng ost of the time.

i really don't remember much about it since I read it *years* ago... probably abround six or seven years ago, but the book I Never Promised You a Rose Garden is about a girl with schizophrenia.... I really don't remember much about it, though... sorry...

there's a movie out there called "What's Wrong with the Neighbor's Son?". a fake documentary in the perspective of a schizophrenic boy. it suppossed to be extremely accurate to what a schizophrenic would face. its production and filming is suppossed to depict a psychotic break using amazing sounds and images.

'The Quiet Room' by Lori Schiller is a good example of how sick a person can get with severe severe severe Schizoaffective Disorder and hit rock bottom before going on to reclaim their life and achieve remission of the illness. It's a true life story.

At the very least it's a plug for the miracle drug Clozapine.

I'd not read over that whole list in a while. I have to argue with some of the depictions for sure.

Since Wurthering Hights was written before bpd existed, I'm not sure how they can say it's in there. Everyone in the story is fucked up. Who is supposed to be bpd? Heathcliff? I refuse to read it again to try and figure it out. I hated it enough the first time.

Opie? Becca?

I'd not read over that whole list in a while. I have to argue with some of the depictions for sure.

Since Wurthering Hights was written before bpd existed, I'm not sure how they can say it's in there. Everyone in the story is fucked up. Who is supposed to be bpd? Heathcliff? I refuse to read it again to try and figure it out. I hated it enough the first time.

Opie? Becca?

It has been *quite* a while since I have read Wuthering Heights...

I guess they'd be referring to Heathcliff... it seems to be where the arrow is pointing and (from what I remember) he probably fits any sort of description better than any other character in the book, even though they all have their problems, but, then again, I haven't read it in a long time. I don't know that I necessarily *agree* with it, though...

meh. the bpd movies suck. rent Secretary if you want a good bpd movie. my dbt therapist actually forced me to see it, said it had dbt ideals in it. and it does. and kinky sex. how can it be wrong?

sorry this is not about schiz.

however, the list did recc The Ruling Class with Peter O'Toole as a schiz book and that is one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life. i watched it for the first time at about 8 (it isn't a kid's movie, my family was weird) and i've watched it i have no idea how many times since. o'toole really treated that movie like his baby and i think had to fund parts of it because it's not very... well the guy is a schizophrenic english lord. the english like their lords to be uptight! oh please rent it and then tell me if you liked it.

Archived