Your creativity desparately needed

I apologize in advance for whining. But, I hate not working.  I have had bipolar illness since my teens.  I was able to have a career in high-tech and management consulting until two years ago when I developed pain in both of my arms that will not go away.  Every time I use my hands, the pain gets much worse. So, no computer use.

I want to develop a new career, or at least get another job, where I don't have to use my hands much. But I haven't been able to find any type of work that doesn't require one's hands. Can anybody think of something I can do? Or can you point me to resources on the Web or elsewhere that might help me figure out what I can do? I am currently having quiet bit of cognitive problems but I am hoping that will clear up over time. I am used to being able to handle the severe mood swings while working.

I have no purpose in life if I am not working.  I am getting desperate.

Yes, try your local office of your state-run Department of Rehabilitation, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.

Look up the number in the front white government pages of your local phone book.

Call and ask to set up an appointment to apply for services.

Archived