CrazyBoards.org

industry

dan

I didn't know whhether to put a trigger on this so I did...

Hi I haven't burned or anything in years so consider me an outsider. I just wanted to ask a simple question/make an observation.

I notice moore scars on young peopl who work in the hospitality industry than any other industry. Is that just my imaggination or or do lots of you work in hospitality?

Feel free to ignore me.

In particular thheres one cafe near me, not just tat one but thats the worste where there are new scars all the time on lots oof the staff, I thought they needed their ohs policy reviewed until i saw one that was text saying ugly stupid etc.

again ffeel free to ignore me

I've never worked in hospitality. But I would tend to think that more stressful occupations would be more "triggery" to those who SI, and I am sure for many people hospitality qualifies! Just my theory though.

by 'hospitality' you mean people like cashiers, waitresses, etc. right?

i could see that being true for a lot of reasons. personally, when i was working late nights at a sub sandwich place near a bunch of bars, i found lots of triggers all over the place. psychological things that would trigger me off, like screwing up an order or being yelled at/insulted/sexually harrassed by drunk people, and physical stuff like all the cutlery and the meat slicer. even the sight of normal happy people was a trigger of sorts, because it just reinforced how screwed up i was.

or then again, maybe it's just more visible in that industry. if it was really prevalent in people that worked in the pentagon, who would ever know?

i dont work in hospitality and i self injure.

my partner is a chef and he does not self injure.

i think u would find people in that industry are more prone to minor burns and cuts due to the tools of the trade.

most of us dont have knifes in our hands or deal with appliances and food and drink that can burn us all day at work. hence i think why u see those scars.

my ex was a metal worker he 2 had lots of scars. but not self inflicted.

Archived