CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety vs. Paranoia and then, panic attacks

Can someone help me with how anxiety is differentiated from paranoia and both are differentiated from panic attacks? There seems to be similarities among the three and I'm having a hard time getting a handle on what makes each one a different diagnosis.

Thank you!

Can someone help me with how anxiety is differentiated from paranoia and both are differentiated from panic attacks? There seems to be similarities among the three and I'm having a hard time getting a handle on what makes each one a different diagnosis.

Thank you!

Anxiety is typically the physical manifestation of worry; paranoia is believing stuff that isnt true (delusions) and panic attacks are typically short, peak like attacks of extreme anxiety - the nastiest kind.

Its certainly possible if not common to co-experience these 3 symptoms, especially if you are schizophrenic with panic attacks/disorder.

I thought what I was experiencing at one point was paranoia or hallucinations when I was obsessed with seeing imaginary bugs in every mark on the floors and walls. My pdoc said it was anxiety (bug phobia) and not paranoia or hallucinations.

I think it's easy to confuse th two because I felt I would have described my feelings as paranoia, but I was wrong.

Archived