I like them, but I enjoy them much more for their art element more than for the story element.

THERE, I ADMIT IT!

aaahhhh!

i feel so dirty now.

hee hee.

I'm a much more visual person and all the talking just kind of gets in the way for me enjoying it sometimes. I'm sorry to all of the LOTR fans.

i'm not an autie, but i have a shameful admission here...can i join the conversation? i loved loved loved high school english lit classes because they deconstructed 'great novels' for me. i never ever get the symbolism that everybody just raves about in literature, so for me having someone explain that, say, the scarlet letter was a symbol and what it was for was just fascinating to me.

i mean, i did not realize the Last Temptation of Christ had an actual deeper meaning than 'oh, he had a hallucination on the cross' for 10 months later until my husband mentioned it.

I have no ability for abstract thought. Anyone else?

I'm a much more visual person

i loved loved loved high school english lit classes because they deconstructed 'great novels' for me. i never ever get the symbolism that everybody just raves about in literature

Ok, so I have a huge capacity for abstract thought, I'm very visual, and I miss a lot of symbolism in things. I've also watched all three LOTR movies straight through, extended editions, of course (The Lord-a-thon of the Rings-a-thon, Extended Dance Mix). What in the hell does that make me? Heh.

i feel so dirty now.

Oh, and I'm also dirty. Add that one to the list. Any ideas? Anyone? Bueller?

Nevermind. I'll be over here now...

Abstract thinking is definitely possible for me, but only if I put it in the right "frame of reference", so to speak. I have to make mental-visual images of everything before putting them together and comprehending them.

This has allowed me to understand some pretty complex stuff... and have a VERY hard time explaining to people how I was able to understand said stuff.

Books and movies I'm usually pretty good with, maybe because I can just observe and figure it out on my own. I drop the ball when I'm actually having to communicate with someone, at that point a lot of stuff just seems to go over my head.

Perhaps this is why I watch so many foreign films with subtitles?

I can block out the talking and read what they are saying and still enjoy

all of the visuals.

I also watch an enormous amount of comedies.

Especially physical comedy.

Always good.

Anime is good as well.

Sometimes I think a movie is a comedy, when it's not.

Like "Good Will Hunting".

I laughed all though that.

There were many times when I was the only one who was laughing.

I felt like such an asshole.

• 2 months later...

Archived