I am so annoyed with people.

I've been out as a lesbian since I was 14. I was president of my high school's gay-straight alliance and now I'm vice president of my college's GSA too. I am out and proud and a biiig activist.

however, now I'm dating a TG (transgendered) girl. She is pre-op and so is physically a guy.

My world has turned upside down. now I have people telling me that I can't be a lesbian if I am sexually attracted to her. I've actually had people be fairly mean about it. I know I'm not bisexual. I'd rate myself a 5.5 on the Kinsey scale (if anyone knows what I mean). But people are just...GRRRRRR. I've fought so hard for my rights and to be who I am, and now that I'm dating Colin it seems to have just gone down the drain. But ya know what? I'm really happy where I am. It's just getting under my skin that people think they have the "right" to tell me who I am.

okay, end of rant.

-rachael

I have had gay people tell me there is no such thing as bisexuality...they are just gay people in denial. (I have friends who are bisexual, and I know this statement to be downright false.)

I guess when people get more involved and identify with a particular group, someone stepping out of the "group boundry" can cause all kinds of emotional reactions.

You are an INDIVIDUAL and should be respected as such. The fact that you are in love with another INDIVIDUAL (regardless of their sexual identity) is no one elses business.

Oh what assmunches what part of" None of your business" is not working for them? Ignore the pinheads. They have no right to say a damn thing. Tell them you'll stay out of their bedrooms and they can stay the hell out of yours in return. jeez...

lilie

;) asshats

I love the person that I'm with, you don't fall in love with a gender fergodssake. It wouldn't matter to me which gender my lover is, I love the person. A lot of people seem to make it their habit to be the self important authority on things that are blatantly none of their business.

Double GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

People have a much harder time with gender confusion than they do sexuality, I think. When I was teaching the discussion for WGS 101, my students were more or less "okay" with homosexuality, in at least as much as they were willing to discuss it and didn't think of gay people as total freaks. They were much less open to the idea of transgenderism. One girl told me she couldn't be because she'd "never seen one." I had to laugh at that, and tell her that even if she doesn't know it, it's possible (especially in a liberal college town like we were in) that she sees trans people every day.

I knew an MTF who was dating an FTM. What do they tell people? Haha. They just called themselves "queer" and considered it a queer relationship although what people "saw" was more or less heterosexual.

It sucks. Those people are wrong. But... it's kind of like coming out again, educating people again. I know it feels like.... but we already went over this!!! But a lot of times people don't get it. They just want a consistent behavior.

I consider myself bisexual. Right now (as in, for the past couple of years) I have mostly been attracted to men. There have been periods of time where I thought I was more or less a lesbian, and that my attraction to men was more societal than actual. I've kind of come to the point where I'm okay with all of this. My sexuality is a complete non-issue to me. I don't really try to philosophize it or pin it down, because (for me) it's something very fluid. People, in general, are not comfortable with that.

But screw people, right? I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to. I've been sexually involved with straight women and gay men (seriously) and so I tend to really just be attracted to people and leave it at that.

"I consider myself bisexual. Right now (as in, for the past couple of years) I have mostly been attracted to men. There have been periods of time where I thought I was more or less a lesbian, and that my attraction to men was more societal than actual. I've kind of come to the point where I'm okay with all of this. My sexuality is a complete non-issue to me. I don't really try to philosophize it or pin it down, because (for me) it's something very fluid. People, in general, are not comfortable with that.

But screw people, right? I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to. I've been sexually involved with straight women and gay men (seriously) and so I tend to really just be attracted to people and leave it at that."

I'm with you there Becca. I've always just considered myself Ambisexual. I love a guy and am in a deeply loving relationship with him, we are very lucky to be best friends. I and he both have a crush on another and the same woman...right now I am too screwed up to even explore the possibility of another person in my life.

But I still get all tongue tied when I see her ;) Some of my other inner personalities have various problems of sexuality. But I, the ME, has never really been concerned by titles, I love who I love. Of all things my sexuality has never been an issue for me. I'm comfortable with my sexuality and don't consider it anyone elses business. My sexuality has always been so a non issue with me, I seldom even think on it.

I have sexual problems, byut they are from abuse and are non gender based.

I'm sorry people are being such morons to you. Wish I had something better to offer :)

however, now I'm dating a TG (transgendered) girl. She is pre-op and so is physically a guy.

Y'know what? If you're happy together, the rest of the world is free to sit on a tack and spin!

If people just have to have a label to fit you into their narrow worldview, there's still "queer" ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Becca's absolutely right. As far as social awareness, the transgender movement is several years behind the GLB movement. I don't think I realized just how much until I really started hanging out with a trans-friend, and saw how people treated her on a regular basis. Lots of work to be done.

Archived