CrazyBoards.org

Anxious Gwen

Hooray! I get to venture into a new thread because of new crap in my life! ;)

I have developed what I believe to be anxiety. In stressful times of my life, I have many of the symptoms, signs, whatever, of something like this. Muscle tension is pretty much constant, but sleeplessness, disruptive sleep, trouble concentrating or blanking out is my MO. If it really gets bad, my eye starts to twitch involuntarily, I can have panic/anxiety attacks, mostly after a stressful period where I try to hold on then just wig.

Recently I have been having funky heart things rocking, which are most disconcerting because I don't know if it is the anxiety or I'm just unhealthy and having a heart attack (mind you, I'm 29 so this is most likely not the case). My heart just seems like it is beating hard, not quickly, but almost like it is struggling to beat, or beating more intensely, cavernously in my chest.

Doc gave me trazadone to help me sleep, and it makes me too zombie-ish when I am trying to be alert, and doesn't kick in for 3 hours, which sucks. My friend gave me some klonipin, which I guess worked, but I am a bit scared of benzos due to dependency issues. What I dig is painkillers. Bad. Why do they seem to be the best?

I don't know what I am looking for in terms of response. Maybe just needed to share? I would cross post to the Benzo board if that wasn't a no-no... Meh.

Hooray! I get to venture into a new thread because of new crap in my life! ;)

I have developed what I believe to be anxiety. In stressful times of my life, I have many of the symptoms, signs, whatever, of something like this. Muscle tension is pretty much constant, but sleeplessness, disruptive sleep, trouble concentrating or blanking out is my MO. If it really gets bad, my eye starts to twitch involuntarily, I can have panic/anxiety attacks, mostly after a stressful period where I try to hold on then just wig.

Recently I have been having funky heart things rocking, which are most disconcerting because I don't know if it is the anxiety or I'm just unhealthy and having a heart attack (mind you, I'm 29 so this is most likely not the case). My heart just seems like it is beating hard, not quickly, but almost like it is struggling to beat, or beating more intensely, cavernously in my chest.

Doc gave me trazadone to help me sleep, and it makes me too zombie-ish when I am trying to be alert, and doesn't kick in for 3 hours, which sucks. My friend gave me some klonipin, which I guess worked, but I am a bit scared of benzos due to dependency issues. What I dig is painkillers. Bad. Why do they seem to be the best?

I don't know what I am looking for in terms of response. Maybe just needed to share? I would cross post to the Benzo board if that wasn't a no-no... Meh.

i dig painkillers. too much. benzos are safe for me, just follow the instructions as prescribed. with painkillers, i dont think to do that. :) i cant even hang around the stuff.

Super you have to call the doc. Especially for chest/heart issues. Painkillers have no effect on me for a variety of reasons but every body takes them differently but you sure don't want to get addicted to them in attempting to cure anxiety. tell the doc your worries and see if he can give you something that can bridge the gap without making you worried.

I hope he finds something for you

lilie

i've read that lyrica is used for anxiety. i don't know anything about it or what class it is in, but it is possible it could be something to look into.

as for the benzos- do they work? my body wouldn't like it if i stopped taking klonopin (and i have before for financial reasons), and i get the sweats, shakes, heart pounding, and all the withdrawl for a couple of days, and then it goes away. for me anyway, my benzo "addiction" is more of my body being used to it than being some crazed psycho who gets scripts from multiple doctors and goes to multiple pharmacies. i take what i'm RXed every day and that's that. during the day i take 1 split up, and at night 2 (and man, does it knock me out!).

i've only had my dose increased due to life circumstances necessitating it and not because i'm dependent. if i cut back my body tells me about it, but it isn't that bad.

you do get used to it, but cutting back isn't horrible. you do have to do it slowly, but it isn't like you'll be a slave to benzos forever.

you could consider giving them a chance if you can't find anything else that will work. they're really helpful.

loon

Called my doc - he should be getting back to me. I also realized that we increased my effexor, only by 37.5 but still, and it may have fucked with my heart before. But then my hr was too low... who knows. I'm sick of this shit. All this med shit can kiss my ass. Maybe I would have been able to deal better if I didn't know this much and was this intune to my moods.

I think my heart thing has subsided. When I finally spoke to my doc Tueday called me in Sonata 10mg and Xanax xr .5mg. 1 sonata and 1 xanax in the pm and 1 xanax in the am. Here's hoping this doesn't start me down the road to dependency and eventual demise.

I don't know if the heart thing was realted but it did go away. Doc told me to go somewhere and get my blood pressure taken, butI didn't. Maybe I'll stop by Target tomorrow, the CVS I go to didn't have one.

Thanks all!

Archived