What should I do?

It is a difficult decision, and I don't know you so I can't give you any real advice. I wouldn't want to mess up your situation.

If I was in a similar situation, I would be inclined to take the part time job, only because it seems empowering to be working in some capacity. I can see how it can hurt you financially from a disability standpoint though, if you felt you were unable to continue for some reason.

Can your doctor give you any assurances that you would be able to cope? Maybe if you have some safety nets, it would make the decision a little easier. I don't think you have enough information right now to make a clear headed choice.

Just my impression.

Wishing you the best,

Alice

Hi,

Unfortunately I know nothing of DLA where you are at.

however, i would suggest looking into what happens if you dont get DLA. is there any kind of appeals process? can more than one pdoc examine you?

how are you different now than when you first were awarded DLA?

I hope you can get more answers in order to make a decision you can live with.

good luck,

december

Thanks for the responses ladies!

I have just handed in my letter of resignation. I think that the early morning commute (up at half five, hour and a half train journey) to Belfast for the minimum wage would be too harsh. I wouldn't be any better off than what I am now on disability benefits. I just don't feel ready to go back yet. I feel bad because I hate turning down work but it would be a very mundane, repetitive job and my sick record would strike me away for good off any promotions. I am looking for jobs more local to wear I live.

As far as DLA goes, there is an appeals process if you don't get it but it is very long and arduous.

I hope I have made the right decision

thanks again

blackbird x

Archived