CrazyBoards.org

we cant deal TRIGGER

Breathe deeply and take this moment by moment, ok? The worst of it will pass, as hard as it is, as terrible as it feels...the pain WILL let up without cutting. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? If even that is too much...just keep breathing, one breath, then the next.

You are not weak because you feel pain. Or because you don't want to be in pain. It's hard to break free from the unhealthy patterns we use to cope with it, but it can be done. It takes strength to even want to break away from this, so no matter what happens, never ever think you are WEAK. You are stronger than you think!

• 4 weeks later...

We don't necessarily need to cut, we need the feeling that we get from it. The adrenaline, the relief, the "good" that we think comes from it. You are not weak. You made it through today. You woke up this morning. That takes a lot of energy to do, believe it or not, especially for someone who may be extremely depressed.

If you don't journal, you can start and keep a record of what your triggers are to help yourself deal with the situation instead of try and block it out and NOT deal with it.

You can get help with what you're dealing with, and part of it is through communication like what we're doing right now. As of this writing, 76 people have viewed this page. That's 76 people who are likeminded, who are looking to help or looking for help, and have thought of you, even for a split second. If you concentrate on that, it may help you gain the strength you need to keep yourself healthier than you could be if you choose to SI again. You CAN choose not to, but either way, these are YOUR CHOICES, even when they feel like compulsions. Distract yourself. Invite over company. Invite yourself over to someone's, or maybe call first. You can do it. A lot of us have.

I am sorry that you are in so much pain right now. If there was anything I could do to take that pain away I would; if there *is* anything I can do to help with the pain I will.

I know all to well how hard it is to break free from self-destructive behavior, such as cutting. I, too, am having trouble staying on track. Cutting is not a sign of weakness, but a coping mechanism to deal with the immense internal pain. It is not a healthy coping mechanism, mind you, which is why we try hard to find other outlets, but do not let yourself think that you are weak for doing it. To live through pain and to go even the shortest span of time without cutting shows a great amount of strength.

If you can, try to do something to distract yourself or some sort or alternative to cutting and see if that helps at all. We are here for you, so continue to post as well.

Be good to yourself...

Archived