CrazyBoards.org

Good med to take with Remeron

Hi-

I've decided I need to get back on remeron. One of the main reasons I ditched it was because it made me so incredibly freakin tired- no matter what time I took it or whatever. Anyone know of any good meds that I can take along with the Remeron so I'm not so goddamn tired all the time? I already have been taking Cymbalta + Wellbutrin with it- and those havent really helped. I'm thinkin Adderall?

Thanks

provigil?

i was given provigil once when i was on meds that made me so sedated i was falling asleep while driving. it is very targeted in which parts of the brain it effects, so it will promote wakefulness, but you will most likely not feel stimulated the way you would adderall. some people say that at first it feels stimulating, but that after a few days on it all it does it keep you awake.

provigil is used for narcolepsy and also for people who do shift work with changing hours. sometimes it can be a hassle to get approved by insurance (i think my doctor lied and said i was narcoleptic, but i'm not sure). maybe your doctor has some samples so you can try it out and see if it works and then deal with insurance. (if you and your doc decide it is a good idea, of course.)

anyway, i would try provigil before turning to a stimulant. if you do not have ADD being on a stimulant is generally not a good idea. provigil would be less likely to create new issues for you to deal with. stimulants can make people uncomfortable, anxious, etc. (can, ymmv of course.)

(oh, and remember, if you do try provigil, that it interferes with birth control pills.)

what medications did your doctor suggest?

Hi-

I've decided I need to get back on remeron. One of the main reasons I ditched it was because it made me so incredibly freakin tired- no matter what time I took it or whatever. Anyone know of any good meds that I can take along with the Remeron so I'm not so goddamn tired all the time? I already have been taking Cymbalta + Wellbutrin with it- and those havent really helped. I'm thinkin Adderall?

Thanks

I take 15mgs of Remeron and 300mgs of effexor and I am rarely tired.

remeron is most sedating at doses up to 15mg so ask ur docter to bump up the dose as soon as possible.

I take 15mgs at night and after a few weeks it barely gets me to sleep.

Archived